81. Right Side Of Wrong

A friend of a friend needed a favor
Life was just what happened while we were busy making plans
We never saw nothing, there was a run-in
.09 millimeter steel was coming for the windshield of that Oldsmobile
As the cop said, "Show your hands!"

While I did a double check on Dr. Osborn's anti-serum, I noticed, once again, (Y/n) breathing intensely down my neck. Her eyes were scanning every move I did and tutted when she thought I mixed something wrong when in reality I had done a minuscule movement or simply exhaled.

She got under my skin, so I cracked my knuckles. "Since you asked for it, Lawrence, you're next."

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm not broken like the fellas over here, honey." Her laugh sounded like she was running out of air but still trying to do the most stereotypical, villain-of-a-fairytail tone.

"You literally tried to stab us," I said while crossing my arms

"After taking hostages from a bank," Peter contributed.

"And I'm not sure about you, but I don't think it's normal for wings to mutate out of your spine. So, yeah. You're next, sugar."

"Ugh, fine. Just do it quickly." She willingly sat and stretched out her forearm. The room became silent. "What? So many doctors and geniuses in the room and no one can handle blood and a stupid needle?"

Norman turned from his corner. "I could, but I'm not sure my pulse is the same as it was before."

"I'll do it," said May. I knew she did all kinds of aid during the Blip, so perhaps her first aid training was useful. She took out Happy's medical kit and quickly did the whole procedure. Sooner rather than later, we placed the atoms under a microscope.

I checked them over and over again. I noticed it was a darker color than regular blood and that it seemed to react to certain components, but I had no clue what it meant... or how the hell was I supposed to cure it... or what 'curing it' would look like.

"What's wrong?" (Y/n) teased with fake sympathy.

I changed the lens of the microscope, hoping I could recall my notes from six years ago back in Midtown. "Let's just say biology isn't my forte."

She clicked her tongue in triumph. "Oh. Wouldn't it be nice to have a biochemical engineer? That'd save you lots of time."

"Just do it quickly," I gave in, taking the opportunity to mock her in the process. On a ripped page of a notebook, she scribbled down some steps on what we could type into the fabricator. "Thank you."

Speaking of the fabricator, it beeped, meaning Sandman's anti-collider for his cure finished making the first part. Peter came rushing in, screwdriver and determination at hand.

After a split second of silence, his head jerked upwards. I wouldn't have noticed something was wrong if he didn't have a blank horror stare on his face. Otto broke the silence. "Peter?"

Could it be the tingle? I removed my eyewear to focus on him. I wanted to go and touch his arm in comfort, but I wasn't sure if it would make it worse. Instead, I got closer to him and spoke in my softest voice: "Love? You okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know." He walked back to the living room. Even Lawrance seemed confused; she skipped behind me with her hands innocently placed behind her. "May?"

May came down the stairs with a scented candle in her grasp. Classic May. "What is it, Peter?"

"What's happening?" Flint pondered. I'd like to know too, dude.