Chapter 2

She gasped unable to catch her breath, feeling her ribs click with each exhale.

"Diana?"

She flinched away from her name, hunching over.

"Dia."

A hand touched her arm gently and she flinched it off, backing away.

"James, stay back. You're going to make it worse."

"I can help!"

"James, trust Jess."

"Hey," Jess said soothingly, slowly walking over. "Diana, it's okay."

"No," she gasped. "No, he's back. He's here."

"He's not here, Diana. He's in Wisconsin."

She whimpered and squeezed her eyes shut, gasping as her airflow became more restricted with her panic.

"Diana, breath honey. You're safe."

Jess carefully reached out to touch Diana's arm, but she flinched away again. "Diana. I'm not him."

"I know," she gasped. "I know. But... It's like... I can't help it." She huffed, trying in vain to catch her breath.

"Deep breaths, Diana. Deep breaths, okay?"

She took a quavering deep breath and let it out.

"Good," Jess smiled encouragingly.

"Dia?"

She flinched away from James tall form, her breathes uneven.

"James, I told you. Stay back." Jess frowned.

"Diana," James continued softly, ignoring Jess. "Hey, it's just me. It's just James."

"James," she gasped, squeezing her eyes shut again. "S-sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, Diana. It's okay. It happens," he said, keeping some distance between them. "Do you trust me?"

She hesitantly nodded her head and James took a step closer. She flinched away and he stopped.

"James..." Jess warned.

"Just let him, baby. Maybe it'll help," Dave whispered to her.

"Dia," James said softly.

Her breath was ragged, and her face scrunched up, trying to fight her own thoughts.

James glanced back at Dave, and he nodded. James took a deep breath and took some cautious steps towards Diana.

She flinched away from him, pressing against a wall.

"Dia, honey. It's okay. I'm right here," James said.

She blinked, shocked at what she heard.

"Deep breath, Dia, okay? Please?" James continued.

She took a single deep breath and James smiled. "Good job."

"J-James?"

"I'm right here," he said, gently touching her arm.

She flinched, but it wasn't as violent as it was before.

"Is it okay if I hug you?" James asked quietly.

She hesitantly nodded and took a small, brave step away from the wall.

James kept his hand on her arm as he took some more steps to her. Diana flinched away a little and James gently wrapped his arms around her. She flinched again but James just quietly stood there, holding her. He felt her shoulders slowly start to relax and he smiled to himself.

"It's okay, Dia. I'm right here. You're safe," he whispered against her hair.

"James," she whispered. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, you don't need to apologize, darling it's okay. I told you, it happens," James comforted.

Diana wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his shoulder, glad he was there.

 * ~ *~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Hope!" 

She glanced up from her computer. "Yea?"

"Dinner's ready," Ashley told her.

"Okay, let me save my progress."

A few years had passed since Hope used to imagine herself going to an Ateez concert, now living with her older sister. She  smiled, happy with her progress. 

"Are you going to upload that?" Ashley asked, passing Hope a bowl.

"What? This old cat scratch? No way," Hope scoffed.

"Your writing's gotten better," Ashley commented. "I don't see why not but then again it's up to you."

"I don't know. Maybe I will. It's not like I'll blow up," Hope joked.

"I really hope not. That'd be quite the mess to clean up," Ashley fired back.

Hope smiled and looked back at her computer. 'Maybe...'

Hey loves! Back again! :) 

I know it's been awhile, sorry about that. Had to gain some courage and improve my writing. :P

And yes, I brought back Ashley and Hope. I don't know if I'll continue doing that but it seemed like a nice way to make a comeback. Hopefully I'll update again soon! <3