Epilogue: Those Words Were A Lie

~~~~

~~~~

April 17th, 2027

Time: ???

~~~~

"Hello, Blackquill. Your services are requested at the Office. You are encouraged to oblige."

"And why would I do that? Has he forgotten, I am to walk the final mile this December, just in time to make the ferry across the River Styx. Oh, how I do hope he doesn't make me miss my boat. Someone is waiting on the other side for me."

"About that, Blackquill. If you accept, your Prosecutor's license will be reinstated until your death. And I have a feeling you may want to accept."

"And just why is that, Skye-dono?"

"It's about the assigned defense attorneys. The chief prosecutor believes that someone who waits for your boat isn't on the other side after all..."

~~~~

April 17th, 2027

Time: 4:30pm

~~~~

Athena. Athena...

The chief thinks she's been alive all this time?

He clutched the court roster with his trembling left hand, the worn page of Athena's death certificate behind it.

Defense Co-Council - Dr. Athena Cykes, attorney at law

--

Legal Name of Deceased - Athena Venus Cykes

--

Summary of Co-Council - Immigrant from the States of the European Union, on work visa while immigration processes.

--

Manner of Death - Brain death related to traumatic injury; resuscitation failed

--

Notable Information - Some dead zones in the emotional lobe of her brain. Under observation. Age eighteen.

--

Age at Death - Eleven

--