Author's note

Before you read this please read the last chapter (authors note) because it's very important and very nice and very cool and very very.

Hey!! So, this is, believe it or not, a book which contains characters from Greek mythology. The thing is, I am a very lazy person and I do not like to explain things over and over again, so, while I was writing this I didn't explain a single thing about mythology.

There are four options now
1- Reading it and not understanding a single thing about mythology (but continuing because of the romance and stuff).
2- Keeping wikipedia on your phone and just searching every time something that you don't know pops up. (more reliable but it takes more time as well)
3- Reading this beginners guide to greek mythology made by me, myself and I! (Please do this, otherwise writing this is going to be a BIG waste of time, thank you very much.
4- Or you can just stop reading it right now, but I have to admit, that's going to make me cry and I don't like to cry so let's not do that, ok? Thank you.

Before we begin, there's a few things I would like to talk about:

1- please spare any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language and if you find anything wrong please say so.
2- The main character has some moments (more in the initial chapters) where she swears a lot so, if that bothers you, just ignore it, after a while you won't even notice it. It's supposed to represent how confused and scared she was (no, it's not, I just cuss like a sailor, but if adding a poetic meaning makes you feel better just consider the first option).
3- You know, I am a hilarious person, which means that my books are hilarious as well, so every time you find something funny please say so because it helps feed my ego. OH AND IF YOU CRY (probably won't happen but there are some sensitive people out there we never know) PLEASE TELL ME.
4- Almost forgot the most important thing. For all the mythology nerds out there, this book IS NOT an accurate representation of actual Greek mythology. I took all my knowledge related to the topic and threw it out of the window. I know that the characters wouldn't act like this but please bear with me. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Ok, let's get started then.

There are twelve Olympian gods (live in Mount Olympus lol).
    Zeus- king of the gods; god of the sky and thunder and bla bla bla. He's a rapist and a cheater.
    Poseidon- god of the sea.
    Hera- Goddess of marriage, married to Zeus, despite being his sister. Her symbols are peacock feathers.
    Demeter- Goddess of the harvest; Persephone's mother.
    Athena- Goddess of wisdom.
    Ares- God of war, if anger issues were a person he's your guy.  Jk, but we won't go into detail about how people nowadays think that he's a completely different person than who he originally was.
    Aphrodite- goddess of love.
    Hephaestus- god of fire and the forges.
    Apollo- Artemis's twin brother, god of the sun, prophecies, light, music, poetry, and he likes to shoot things with a bow and some arrows.
    Artemis- Apollo's twin sister, goddess of the moon, the hunt, protector of young women, she has a group of girls who chose to stay #VIRGINS4EVER.
    Hermes- messenger of the gods.
    Dionysus- god of wine, parties, madness and theater, drunk 24/7.

    Our love interest (our because, trust me, you're going to end up falling in love with him) is not an Olympian because he does not live in Olympus.

Hades- the romans called him Pluto (shut up, no mickey mouse references please.) god of the dead and the underworld. Not to be mistaken with the god of death, they are two different beings.
    Persephone- Demeter's daughter, goddess of spring. In classical mythology she was kidnapped by Hades and ended up falling in love with him. To spice things up, though, I had to take that part out because, otherwise, Hades wouldn't be single and ready to mingle, am I right?

    One last thing, Hades swears multiple times on the river styx. The river Styx is one of the rivers which flows in the Underworld, swearing on the river Styx was a very important oath and, basically, if you broke your promises very bad things would happen to you.
    Another last thing, to enter the underworld you needed to pay Charon (the ferryman when ferries weren't even invented) so that he could help you cross the river styx. That's why, when the Greek buried their people (or burned them or whatever, it's getting late and I don't have time for this) they put coins in their eyes. After that, unless you were, in fact, dead, you had to go through Cerberus. Cerberus was a giant three headed dog who guarded the gates of the Underworld.

    That is pretty much it, thank you for choosing my book. I hope that you will enjoy it:)
Ly!