wilbur - the friendship flower

A/N

first chapter since my break !! btw lowercase is on purpose :]  there's not much romantic stuff here but it's cute, i spend 1 hour on this, and i added a little flirting into it. (ps someone should request a part 2 because i wanna make a part 2)

Pronouns

she/her

TW

swearing

Type

hurt/comfort??

Prompt(s)

no prompt

~~~~

no one's pov

Y/N was walking home from her now ex-boyfriend's house, practically blasting music in her headphones, coping with the news that her boyfriend had only dated her for 3 years as a dare.

•••

"y/n.. im sorry to tell you but i just.. it was a dare."  he said looking at her sadly.

"what do you.. what do you mean noah"  she stared blankly at him.

"our relationship.. these past 3 years were.. because of a dare cuyler gave me.." he winced, furrowing him eyebrows together in disgust with himself for letting this go on for so long.

"oh." she saids emotionless, "im going home now.. dont follow me, dont call me, dont text me. i need time to process this." she says as she turns around, grabbing her bag, and slamming noah's bedroom door.

•••

y/n wipes the tears off her face as she sees her neighbor, wilbur soot, getting his mail. suddenly feeling embarrassed y/n looks down, grabbing her phone desperately trying to turn up her volume on her headphones even though it was already at 100%. meanwhile Wilbur is trying to make sure his package doesnt get wet from the rain that had started a few seconds before. in doing this y/n looks up in defeat knowing she was going to have to walk past him, taking out the earbud closest to wilbur she waves at him with the best smile she could manage. wilbur looks up hearing her nearing footsteps, waving back and smiling brightly despite the look on y/n's face.

"hey y/n!" wilbur shouts slighty before wincing and clearing his throat, "s- sorry. hi y/n, how are you today?"

"hello there wilbur, im doing.." y/n hesitates, seeing as though her and wilbur were close but never that close to share news quite like the news she had gotten not even an hour ago. "im doing okay," lie. "how are you? im genuinely interested seeing as my day hasnt been going how i hoped." truth.

"im doing pretty well! i got a new package from youtube, i think its my 10 mil plaque!" wilbur says, practically jumping up and down on the sidewalk like a 5 year old getting their favorite candy. y/n knew about wilbur being a content creator, she knew about this tommyinnit kid as well although she wasn't quite sure why wilbur was friends with a 18 year old at 25, but she decided not to ask questions.

"woah! 10 mil? thats great!" y/n was genuinely happy for wilbur, knowing hes been working hard on his social experiment Minecraft videos. "im proud of you, wil."