Rising Fury

The pain in his chest was almost unbearable, he needed Yuriko to be safe. All he had to do was get to the door. Come on, get to the door, get to the door, get to the door. Deku pulled and pulled, his frustration building up and releasing in sobs. She isn't safe in the hands of that monster. He needs to make sure that she's safe! He cried out and yanked harder than ever.

Suddenly, something cut through all the noise in his head,

"Calm down."

When he heard those words, the panic cleared away. He fell forward, sinking into sleep.
___

There was a noise behind him.

He turned around quickly, nothing was there.

Everything is black.

There's the noise again, he looked around wildly. Where was it coming from?

A face appeared and then disappeared, startling him. As he began walking in toward the mysterious figure a crumbling sound started building up, getting progressively louder. The ground trembled beneath him until it cracked open and swallowed him.

He hit the ground and felt the snap of his bac- wait no, more like a crackling feeling. It's still going, oh no.

He woke up to the shock of the collar.

Bolting upright, he realized Shigaraki was standing right in front of him.

"Quite the nap you had there, to think you could sleep when poor Yuriko was having who-knows-what happen to her." Shigaraki taunted.

Everything came back to Izuku, and he felt the tears prick in his eyes, "Wh-where is she?"

After giving him a shock as if it were casual, which by now probably was, he said, "No back talking. She's right beside you, anyway."

Yuriko was unconscious and in a position that suggested she'd been tossed there, like a toy a that child had gotten bored of playing with.

Fury burned up inside Izuku, and that was before he even noticed the bandages that were wrapped around her arms and legs. When he did, the anger bubbled and churned inside him, and he could hardly keep it together. Whatever they did to her he vowed to do to them tenfold. When he escapes, he will track down everyone involved with this and tear them to pieces slowly and painfully. He was seething, all he wanted to do was punch that smug grin off Shigaraki's face and make him feel the same amount of pain he's had to feel for the what? Weeks? Months? He's been here?

But he can't, at least not now, and the chains aren't what's stopping him. He needs to escape, he needs a plan, and there wouldn't be any fun if he is stopped immediately. So, he'll wait.

He swallowed his anger and let the tears pour down his face, he wouldn't let Shigaraki win. He kept his back to the enemy and hugged Yuriko.

He heard the door clang shut behind him.
_______

Keisuke was keeping as quiet as he could, he'd never admit to this, but that was scary. The hero's anger was practically tangible, he's sure Shigaraki felt it too, the way he left without saying anything. He didn't expect him to get so fired up over this. It makes some sense though. He has had to watch her suffer every day plus this... he shook his head. Why did he care? So what if some stupid hero was angry? He still can't help but feel something terribly wrong has happened.

"H-" Keisuke's voice cracked, "Hey, wannabe, how hard are you going to work to save us now?"

It could have been an innocent question, and under the surface, he was just curious, but he added a mean, sarcastic tone.

Midoriya responded in his usual hushed tone, but this time it seemed more ominous than nervous, "oh, I'll make sure we escape."

Midoriya let out a few weak coughs, but that was the end of the conversation.
_______

The next day was also different. Shigaraki unchained Keisuke this time. Izuku watched in silence, as he led him out the door.

"What? No kicking and screaming for this one?" Shigaraki asked.

Izuku didn't answer.

Shigaraki gave him a shock, "I asked you a question."

"No."

"Well, that's no fun. Maybe I can get some screams out of you for your evening torture." Shigaraki left with a confused and angry Keisuke in tow.

Izuku turned to look at Yuriko with softer eyes, she still looked dazed. He had no idea what they did to her, but whatever it was, it messed her up. She's had a hard time speaking, and she's had that dazed look on her face ever since she woke up.

"Yuriko." He said softly.

She flinched and hummed a reply. He refrained from hugging her because he discovered last night that any kind of pressure seemed to hurt her.

"Can you tell me your name?" He whispered.

"Yu- Yu- Yur- Yurik-ko."

"Good," That was better than last night, "Wh-what about a favorite animal?"

She just hummed and fiddled absent-mindedly with her dress.

"Too hard then...um...what ab-about...the color of my eyes?"

He opened his eyes wide, and her eyes wandered over to his. It took a while, but she finally gave a confident, "...g"

He let out a happy gasp and clapped his hands together silently, "Good job!"

He quickly covered his mouth and looked around the room, that was a little too loud. (To any normal person that would be the equivalent of soft talking)

He sighed and continued trying to get through to Yuriko.
___
It had been a few hours, and Yuriko had fallen asleep. Izuku was about to follow suit before the door flew open with Keisuke at the entrance.

"I got Shigaraki's tablet."

(965 Words)

Published: September 9, 2022

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every once in a while I'll go back to chapters and edit some bits so hopefully one day this fanfiction will reach its FINAL FORM >:3