Chapter 32: A lie

"Are you telling the truth?" Chris raised his eyebrow as he asked his sister the question.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" Shania replied without batting her eyelid.

"So you're saying Mrs Ivanov cancelled today's lesson and Papa let you play video games on a weekday?" Chris asked again.

"Chris! How many times are you going to ask me? I said I'm telling the truth!" Shania replied sounding exasperated.

"Okay, okay. Enjoy your game. I'll be up in my study. See you for dinner," Chris ruffled Shania's hair and left her.

It's not true, Shania took Papa Lee's phone and texted Mrs Ivanov (the strictest and scariest piano teacher ever alive) to not come today. She erased the text she sent and Mrs Ivanov's first reply of "understood" and only left her reply of "I will not come today" on Papa Lee's phone.

Before Papa and Mama Lee left for a wedding dinner, Shania asked if she could watch tv and Papa Lee told her she could do so only for an hour. In the Lee's household, watching tv and playing videogames are two very different thing.

But Shania knew that Chris would never call to disturb Papa and Mama Lee during a wedding dinner. 

When it was dinnertime, Shania waited for Chris at the dinner table. After eating most of their meal in silence, Chris started a conversation.

"How was your day?" Asked Chris.
"It was okay," replied Shania.
"Really? Shouldn't it be more than okay?" Chris continued.
"Huh?" Shania questioned.
"You got off from piano lessons, which you hate, AND you get to play videogames. On a Tuesday!" Chris replied rather comically.
"Oh. Yea, it's great," Shania replied rather awkwardly.
"Funny cos I received a call from Mrs Ivanov asking if your fever is gone, she sounded quite worried," Chris looked at his sister.
"I didn't know you were unwell?" Chris continued.

By now, Shania knew she was busted. She put down her cutleries and put her hands down on her lap.

"She sent me a screenshot of her conversation with "Papa", seems pretty legit," Chris spoke as he pierced his fork into a piece of chicken cube in his salad.
"Unfortunately for you, Papa called me just 20 minutes before dinner and I've verified with him that he didn't send Mrs Ivanov any text message, you were not sick and he didn't allow you to play videogames like you claimed," Chris also put down his cutleries and was now looking at his sister who was looking down at her hands.

"Did I or did I not ask you if you were telling the truth earlier?" Chris asked as he took a napkin to wipe his mouth.

Shania did not reply.

"Answer me, Naya," Chris scolded.

"You did," Shania replied.

"Go to Papa's study and stand in the corner facing the wall with your hands on your head. Papa is on his way home and he'll be the one dealing with you," instructed Chris.

"But, why Papa?" Shania whined as she asked.

"Because you used Papa's phone and you impersonated him, I can't help you out here," Chris replied.

"Please, Chris, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. I found Papa's phone on the couch. I really hate Mrs Ivanov, and piano lessons. Please don't let Papa punish me," Shania begged her brother.

"You're not going to be punished for hating Mrs Ivanov and piano lessons. You're getting punished because you lied and you impersonated Papa to get out of things!" Chris replied his sister.

"Go to Papa's study! Now," Chris shouted at his sister as he pointed towards Papa Lee's study.

Papa Lee returned home without Mama Lee as she stayed for the wedding party. Chris saw that his father was furious and he tried to calm Papa Lee down so he wouldn't scare Shania too much.

"Papa, do you want me to handle this instead?" Chris asked his father.
"No, I'll do it. Where is she?" Papa Lee replied.
"I can punish her, since I caught her lie," Chris tried to negotiate.
"Chris." Papa Lee glared at him.
"She's in your study. Please, she's already quite shaken," Chris told his father.

When Papa Lee entered the study, Shania was standing in the corner facing the wall with her hands on her head. Papa Lee pulled a chair to the middle of his study and sat down.

"Shania, come here," instructed Papa Lee.

Hearing the anger in his voice, Shania quickly stood infront of her father and looked down to her toes.

"Tell me why you're here," Papa Lee continued.
"I ..I lied," replied Shania.
"And?" Papa Lee probed.
"I ..s ..st ..stole your phone," Shania was starting to stutter due to her hitched breath.
"And?" Papa Lee probed some more.
"I ..impersonated you," Shania wiped her tears with the back of her palm.
"Do you deserve a punishment?" Asked Papa Lee.
"....maybe?" Shania replied after a pause.
"So you're saying I should let you off?" Papa Lee asked his daughter the question with a raised eyebrow.
"....I'm sorry I won't do it again," Shania apologized.

"Yes, you'll be really sorry and will never even think of doing this again after your punishment. I hope," Papa Lee replied.
"Noo, Papa, please," begged Shania.

"Do you think I'll let you go off the hook? And in 10 years, you'll think that committing fraud is okay? Forgery is okay?" Papa Lee scolded Shania.
"..but I didn't do fraud or forgery," argued Shania.
"You don't think lying and impersonation is fraud or forgery?" Questioned Papa Lee.

Shania slumped her shoulders and cried when she realized that Papa Lee was right.

"Come on my knees," instructed Papa Lee. Shania laid over Papa Lee's knees and continued crying feeling remorseful.

Papa Lee pulled down her sweatpants and started spanking her with his hand over her underwear. After about 5 minutes of whining and squirming out of place, Papa Lee tugged Shania's underwear down and continued spanking her over her barebottom for another minute.

By now, Shania was sweaty and a sobbing mess. Papa Lee was holding on to her right hand with his left hand to stop her from covering her bottom. Chris stepped forward and pulled her panties and sweatpants back in place. He grabbed her arms to lift her up from Papa Lee's knees. She was limp and her tears and snot was all over her face from all the sobbing. Chris then stood her up as she leaned on his side. 

"Next time you try this trick, you will be getting more than my hand. Do you understand?" Papa Lee stood up and pulled his belt off his waist to threaten Shania.

Chris shielded his sister as she hid behind him whimpering.

"Shania Lauren Lee! Stand up straight, look at me and answer properly!" Papa Lee raised his voice.

"Ye ..Yes Sir," Shania replied as Chris nudged her and propped her to stand up straight.

Papa Lee then grabbed Shania's arms and sat her on his lap on the sofa. He hugged her and rubbed her back as she sobbed the rest of her tears out. Chris wiped her tears with his handkerchief and carried her to her room after she calmed down.