8. ah ah ah ah stayin' alive

The next couple of days were pretty uneventful, in Hunger Games terms at least

We continued to hunt for the district 12 girl, Katniss. No one challenged us along our way, in fact we saw no one at all.

"Something is bound to happen soon," Peeta spoke up during one evening.

Clove shot him a glare as sharp as the daggers she kept in her vest.

"No one asked you, lover boy."

Cato shook his head and chuckled.

"But it's true, we have only killed 1 person since the first 2 days. They will be getting bored."

As if he summoned a spell, there was a sudden change in the atmosphere.

I wasn't the only one who noticed. It was Glimmer- as dull as she is- who said our thoughts out loud.

"Something's wrong," she whispered, looking wildly around.

We were sitting at the stream near the cornucopia, Cato immediately got up to run out into the small clearing, us following on his heels.

He pointed to the north, where the land curved upwards into slight mountains. Only this time, they were surrounded by a dark cloud of ash and smoke.

"Fire," Marina whispered.

Glimmer clutched Cato's arm,

"It's heading towards us, it won't get us will it?"

Clove stiffens, but covers it up by scoffing at the blonde girls stupidity.

"Don't be dumb. They aren't trying to kill anyone, they are herding them."

"Towards us," Marina finished.

Cato nods his head.

"Exactly." He shrugs Glimmer off him as if she were an annoying bug and picks up his sword. It was medium size, but bulky but weighed barely a thing.

Without another glance back at us he strides straight towards the burning forest,

.....................................