A STRANGER TO HERSELF.

"Ding, dong, ding, dong!" rang the church bells, early on a Sunday morning. A downpour of rain fell from the sky, soaking the cobblestone street and the few people who were trickling out of the church. The sun was hidden behind dark clouds, casting a gloomy shadow over the town square.

The church doors slowly swung shut, and the last person disappeared from view. The church grounds were now eerily quiet, the silence broken only by the pitter-patter of drizzling rain and the chirping of birds. In the distance, a car's engine revved, but otherwise, the town seemed asleep.

As evening fell, the day faded into darkness. At seven o'clock, the church grounds were bathed in a dim, eerie light. A young woman lay on one of the front pews, her fingers trembling slightly. The silence of the night was broken only by the sound of her shallow breathing, dressed in a plain white gown. It was old and smooth, covering her down to her slender ankles. She had a delicate figure that was impossibly thin, with a waist that was almost too small to be real. Her glossy skin contrasted with her dried and broken lips, sealed together.
Her eyebrows were slender and graceful, though her left one was hidden by her long, golden-hazel hair. Her eyelashes were velvety, and her ears were like those of a sea nymph.

The woman sat up slowly, looking around the deserted church. Where was she? She couldn't remember how she had gotten there. Her thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pain in her head, causing her to cry out. She grasped her head, her fingers raking through her hair. After a moment, the pain subsided and she fell to the ground, breathing heavily.

The church keeper, a man in his early 30s, had heard the noise and ran towards it. He stood by the entrance of the church, scanning the whole building with his eyes, expecting to see something or someone that might have caused that loud noise. But he didn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.
As he was about to shut the big entrance church doors, he saw a figure at the front corner, sitting and looking out through the windows.

The gatekeeper was still scared that someone might steal the chalice again, like last time. He couldn't afford to lose his job. He knew he had to make sure the church was locked up tight. But the longer he stood there, looking at the woman in black, the more uneasy he felt. What was she doing in the church? Why wasn't she responding to him? What was she staring at outside the window?
As he tried to make sense of the situation, the fear started to creep up on him.

The gatekeeper was suspicious now, and he took out his old, steel flashlight, turning it on. He walked slowly and cautiously into the building, pointing the light directly at the figure. "Oh! It's a woman," he exclaimed, loud enough for someone inside the building to hear him. He sighed in relief. But there was something strange about the woman - she didn't react to his presence, or even acknowledge that he was there. She just sat there, unmoving, staring out the window.
He moved a bit closer, trying to get a better look at the woman.

As the woman got up and turned around to face the gatekeeper, the light of the flashlight fell directly into her eyes. She screamed, a high-pitched, terrified shriek that seemed to come from deep within her. She fell to the ground, her body crumpled into a heap.
The gatekeeper stood frozen, unsure of what to do. He didn't know if she was hurt or just scared. His heart was pounding, and his hands trembled.

The woman's words echoed in the gatekeeper's head. "Don't kill me!" Was she afraid that he would hurt her? Or was she just confused and disoriented?
He reached out to touch her shoulder, but she didn't move. He spoke to her softly, trying to calm her down. But she was unresponsive. Was she evem still breathing?
He had to do something. He had to get help. But he didn't know what to do or who to call.
He carried Her quickly to look for help wondering who the lady was and why she made such a statement "I wasn't going to kill Her". He said.

******** Next day****

The gatekeeper ran from room to room, searching frantically for the woman. She couldn't have just vanished, could she? But the room was empty, and there was no sign of her anywhere. He tried to stay calm, but panic was starting to set in. What had happened to her?

The gatekeeper dashed back to the church building, retracing his steps to make sure he hadn't missed anything. He checked every corner of the church, every nook and cranny. But the woman was nowhere to be found. He wondered if he had just imagined the whole thing.

He sat down on a pew, feeling utterly confused. Maybe it had all been a dream. But he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right. He had to find the woman and make sure she was okay. He just didn't know where to start looking.

She walked aimlessly through the streets, her bare feet pounding against the pavement. The sun beat down on her, but she didn't even notice the heat. She was in a trance-like state, unable to think clearly.
People on the street stopped and stared at her.
They could see that she was in distress, but they didn't know what to do. Some whispered among themselves, while others looked on with pity. No one knew what to do to help her.
But as the sun began to set, she stumbled upon a park bench and sat down, exhaustion taking over.

As she sat on the park bench, the hunger pangs got worse. Her body was weak and shaking, her mind clouded by the need for sustenance. She felt herself slipping into a stupor, unable to move.
Then, something inside her snapped. She stood up, her body filled with a sudden surge of energy. She didn't know where it came from, but she wasn't going to question it. She needed to find food, and she needed to find it now.

She didn't notice a car speeding towards her, honking its horn. Luckily, the driver was able to brake in time, coming to a screeching halt just inches away from where she stood.
The sudden stop caused her to lose her balance, and she fell to the ground in shock. Her heart was pounding, her mind reeling from the close call.

As she lay still on the ground, she murmured to herself,

"Who am I?"

It was as if the question had been burning in the back of her mind, only now bubbling to the surface. Who was she, and why had she been wandering the streets, lost and disoriented?
She felt like she was on the verge of a revelation, but something was blocking her from finding the answer. Something was holding her back from uncovering the truth.