XXVIII

Micah takes me to Dream and knew I was safe with Yuki before leaving to continue tracking the rat. He kisses me briefly before he leaves Dream's tent and I smile at him and make my way to Yuki.

I told her about the training with her brother and seeing through the blindfold. She seemed relieved and proud of my achievement.

"I'm glad you gave my brother another chance." She smiled warmly at me, considerate. "I know he doesn't deserve it, but thank you Rian. Keylin did good picking you."

I smile sadly at that before looking down. "When do you get tested?" I can't help but ask curiously. "You and your brother."

"Vixen hasn't decided yet. She tells us we are not ready, but one day, it will be clear." She smiles.

"I think it is clear. I used to think that it was only my brother I was worried about and would give my life for, but you are quickly finding a place in my heart, Rian. I'm starting to see you as a brother. Someone I would give my life for. It's scary how I've only known you for a short time, but ever since we met...it's like we were meant to know each other."

I smile at that and place my hand over hers.

"I feel the same way." I say with a sigh. "I feel safe with you, Yukyoh. And Bow's Descendant or not...I would still give my life to protect you."

"I'm the older one here." She chuckles and I look down with a smile.

'I should be the one protecting you...' A foreign voice says in the back of my mind and I look up to see a new face smiling back at me. I look up at Bow curiously before smiling at him in realisation.

The memory disappears as I look at Yuki smiling as she looks ahead of her before turning to me and I let out a sigh. I wasn't sure if Yuki would be Bow's Descendant or if she just triggered a memory, but I knew that Bow's operant would be safe with her. In some way,  I didn't realise it, but she reminded me of Ardyn.

**

I was having breakfast the next morning and listening to Raya's conversation with Peter when I went to eat my porridge, thinking it tasted kind of different to the usual milk I would have with it but thought it might not have been as fresh or something. I let it go.

I clear my throat and look up at the others and listen. Scratching the side of my neck as a tickly throat comes over me and I cough into my hand.

"Here, take a drink, Rian." Micah says in concern, causing the others to pick up on my coughing and look in confusion at my red eyes.

I suddenly cough up the water and inhale sharply. My eyes widening as I look down at my porridge.

"Micah, oh my god." Tatiyana says as she stands up from her seat. I push the porridge away from me and Raya notices, picking it up and sniffing it before gasping and letting the bowl drop back.

"What's happening?"

Micah immediately comes to my aid when I drop to the side, turning red as I try to breathe over my closing throat.

"It's nut milk." Raya states seriously before her eyes turn panicked. "He's allergic to nuts god dammit."

"What?" Peter questions her wide eyed and Micah doesn't hesitate in taking me in his arms and turning to the others.

"He needs an adrenaline shot right now." Micah states before someone suddenly speaks in the crowd. Stating that they indeed had one.

"What-"

"I overheard, here, give this to him quickly or he's going to pass out."

Raya takes it quickly and examines it thoroughly. "It's adrenaline. I've seen them before. It's sealed too it has to be real."

"I hope you're right." Micah says before taking it and stabbing it into my thigh. I take shallow breaths before beginning to breathe again and I look up, panting in exhaustion.

"Hey!" Peter screams over at the chefs. Holding up the bowl of porridge to them and going over.

"Did you change the milk?"

"No, sir." The staff respond but Peter is so enraged he throws it at them.

"You could have poisoned him-"

"Peter." Tatiyana calls. "They said they didn't change the milk."

Raya takes somebody's porridge bowl and tastes it apologetically before her eyes widen.

"They didn't change it." Raya states. "It's just Rian's."

"It was intentional." Micah grits out.

"The rat." Tatiyana says in a whisper. Peter comes closer.

"How the hell did they even know he had a nut allergy? We didn't even know-"

"They've been working for the council. Of course, they know everything about us, even our blood type." Raya rolls her eyes at Peter and Tatiyana looks frightful.

"This..this is starting to become dangerous."

"Rian, are you okay?" Micah questions and I nod rubbing my throat.

"Doctor." I whisper. "I need to see a doctor."

Micah doesn't hesitate to pull me close as he gets up with me in his arms. Stating to the others that he was taking me to Jean. I was in serious danger.

Days went by and Micah continued to look for the rat. After the incident that happened with the nut milk, he was spending days at a time tracking each individual soldier. Someone tastes my food now before I eat it, which is kind of scary to think someone tried to poison me a few days ago.

I continued to spar and train with Kai and practice the dance of chi with Yuki. Finding myself more and more exhausted.

Micah stopped waking me up when he would get back and I wouldn't know until I turned around and saw him sleeping silently beside me.

Sometimes, we would have sex. When we were desperate for each others touch but we had to be quick and find the time. We knew if we saw each other at dinner, it meant that we were up for it and would make an excuse to sneak away to be with one another.

It was a dangerous game we were playing but I couldn't help it. It was exciting and fun and I was addicted to Micah's touch. His kisses sending a frenzy in my mind that I couldn't explain. All I knew was Micah made it feel like I was floating whenever I was around him. He was pulling me in deeper to him to the point I knew it would be hard to break out from and I didn't mind one bit.

It was when I was laughing at something Micah said as I made my way out of his tent, his hand in mine that I stopped and noticed Vixen standing in front of me with a smirk on her features.

"Having fun are you?"