Belle's The Past

-In The Rabbit Hole-

Keith: Another round for the lady. I've had my eye on you for a while.
Lacey: Thank you...Not my type. *Rumple enters the bar and sits next to her* Huh! Mr. Gold. You're... uh... you're back.
Rumple: As are you.
Lacey: Well, what can I say? Love the ambiance. *silence*
Rumple: So, Lacey... Now that you're... back to your old self... Perhaps we could spend some time together.

 Perhaps we could spend some time together

Lacey: Like a date?
Rumple: Yeah, a date...
Lacey: Well, you do know that I'm not this 'Belle' that you're always talking about?
Rumple: Yes, of course.
Lacey: I've heard about you, you know? People in town... They're afraid of you, Mr. Gold.
Rumple: Don't let that deter you. Give me a chance, please.
Lacey: *she pauses in hesitation* Okay. Tonight. Granny's. 8 o'clock. *she exits*

In the evening. They were sitting at a table.
Appearing to be fidgety, Rumple drops his menu and chuckles.

Lacey: *giggles* Are you nervous, Mr. Gold?
Rumple: No! No, of course not. I'm just... deciding what to have.

Granny approaches their table to take their order. She notices Lacey's new look, from Belle to Lacey, and is shocked.

Granny: What the hell happened to you?! You raid the back of Ruby's closet?

Rumple: Uh... Perhaps Lacey and I could order. Two burgers and two ice teas, please.
Lacey: Actually, I'm gonna go... Chicken parm and white wine.
Granny: Alright! Comin' right up! *she exits*

Lacey: I've never really been much of a burger girl

Rumple: Well, whatever you want, you shall have.
Lacey: You know? This is... not what I was expecting from you. Given all the... stuff people say about you.
Rumple: Oh, that again! My reputation. What is it you hear?
Lacey: Oh, just that, you know, you're the most powerful man in town, and you got that power from being ruthless. And that when people cross you, they get... hurt. *Granny returns to the table with beverages* Thank you.
Rumple: *He reaches for the wine bottle to pour* I am simply a shop owner. And procure of difficult-to-find objects. *Finishes pouring Lacey's glass, and puts the bottle down. Lacey picks up the bottle and pours more wine into her glass.* People like to believe the worst in me, but Lacey, I would rather you believe the best.
Lacey: Well, I just don't get why people are scared of you. You know, I see a man who wouldn't hurt anyone.
Rumple: *He appreciates Lacey's complement and smiles* Thank you, Lacey. I really needed to hear that. Especially now.
Lacey: Well, you know what they say. You can't tell what's in a person's heart until you truly know them. *Rumple accidentally tips over his ice tea*  Whoa! Did I say something wrong?
Rumple: No! No, it's just that... I-I knew someone once who said exactly the same thing to me. Gosh, I'm so sorry. Your dress.
Lacey: A bit of water will take it right out. *she exits*

After a few minutes, Rumple gets worried and goes to the bathroom after Belle. When he doesn't see her there, he goes out the back door and sees the old Belle making out with Keith.

Rumple: What the hell do you think you're doing?!
Keith: Wait, you two are here together?
Rumple: Yes, we are!
Keith: I-I'm sorry. I-I-I didn't know.
Rumple:  Go! Now! *Keith runs away* Are you—are you all right?
Lacey: Yeah, I'm--I'm fine.
Rumple: Let's get you inside.
Lacey: No! Look, I said I'm fine, okay? I'm...
Rumple: Whoa, whoa, whoa. You came out here because you wanted to be with him?
Lacey: *silence* Yeah...
Rumple: But I don't understand. Our date, it was going well.
Lacey: No. No, it wasn't.
Rumple: What?
Lacey: It never was. The only reason I agreed to go out with you was because I was trying to be nice. But that's not me. That's... You.
Rumple: But that's what you liked about me—the nice part of me, the—the good part.
Lacey: This is still about Belle, isn't it? Look, Mr. Gold, I'm sorry. She may have loved you. But I am not her. *leaves*

A few minutes after Keith runs up to Rumple.

Keith: M-Mr—Mr. Gold, I'm... I'm so sorry about what happened back there. I-I didn't know that you two were still together.
Rumple: We're not...
Keith: Oh. *laughs* Oh, so we're good then, right? There's no hard feelings?
Rumple: *silence* You know, I have tried so hard to be on my best behavior. But I guess there's no point now. *summons Keith's tongue* So no one can hear you scream. *Attacks him with his cane*

Rumple beats Keith with his cane over and over again...

Rumple: I should have done this to you a long time ago... *Lacey enters* Lacey...
Lacey: So it is true then, what they say about you.
Rumple: *silence* Yes. It's all true.
Lacey: You are... you are not who I thought you were. And I'm glad. You really are as dark as people say.
Rumple: Darker, dearie. Much darker!
*he continues beating Keith with his cane*

After an hour they go to his shop. Because it was getting cold she was wearing his coat.  When he goes inside, he puts the coat on the hanger.

Lacey: Wow, you-you have many things...
Rumple: Indeed. Let me show you something... *They both go to the back of the shop. He takes out a box of potions and shows it to her*
Lacey: So it's true... You have magic. But why didn't you tell me sooner?
Rumple: Because all magic comes with a price. Tends to drive away to people I care about most...
Lacey: Well then, you've been caring about the wrong people... What else can you do?
*he smiles*
Rumple: Anything. There are many advantages being The Dark One...
Lacey: Immortality would be one of them, right?
Rumple: Mhm.
Lacey: *approaches him* Could you... Could you keep me young?
Rumple: Yeah...
Lacey: That way we can be together forever.
Rumple: There is one thing...
Lacey: What is it?
Rumple: Immortal means to live forever, it doesn't mean one can't be killed. There was a prophecy that someone might my undoing...
Lacey: Well do you know who this someone is? 
Rumple: Yeah...
Lacey: Then get rid of him.
Rumple: It's complicated... Something standing in my way...
Lacey: I thought you're a man who... who wouldn't let anything stand in his way...
Rumple: *He grabs her hand and pulls her close to him* I am!

They looked at each other for a while and then they kissed. (Rumple realizes that Belle was still Lacey, but continues anyway) She stops.

Lacey: Wait, Is this okay?  I mean... you seemed to miss that girl—
Rumple: She doesn't matter anymore. Belle is the past...

She smiles and they kissed again...