35. {the right path}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

at lunch, gioia sat at a table with mickey, moon, yasmin and a couple of other girls from their class. however, she had been sitting far away from yasmin, as she still didn't feel comfortable talking to her.

"i think you're getting much better." mickey said to the girl, her mouth full of baby carrots.

"re-really?" gioia questioned, her eyes bright.

"yeah." moon piped in, "soon enought you'll be back to your non-stop talking."

"oh i can't wait." mickey joked, making her smile.

"hey!" demetri came over to the table, a gigantic, covered project in his hands. he set it down on the table and took his seat next to gioia. "you two ready to rock our earth science presentation?"

much to mickey's despair, she and yasmin had been partnered with demetri for their chemistry group work. "i'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk to each other on a regular basis." yasmin seethed.

"hey, hey! my popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining." demetri reminded her. "but, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle, like a sexual venn diagram."

"ew." yasmin cringed, as moon and gioia chortled.

mickey almost laughed. "you are so full of it."

"you're welcome." demetri jokingly winked at her.

"don't."

"so... what's under the sheet?" moon inquired.

"i'm glad you asked." demetri stood up and took the sheet off. he presented a large and impressive lego building of a volcano. "behold what scientists believe to be the valley when dinosaurs roamed the earth."

gioia got up to her feet, extremely impressed that demetri had built it all by himself. "woah."

"go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." demetri nudged her. she smiled at him before leaning forward and pressing down on one of the mini eggs. the button made the birds screech and the volcano roar, emitting some smoke.

"not bad!" yasmin grinned. "my parents may not have to pay for my a this time."

mickey rolled her eyes. "yippee."

"oh your parents will never have to pay for an a again." demetri suggested. he then glanced at mickey, who hadn't said anything about his work.

"what?" she questioned, giving him a look. he dramatically gestured to the building with his hands. mickey sighed in defeat. "it's really cool." she admitted, through gritted teeth.

"ha!" demetri smirked, "i knew it."

"so... talk us through it." mickey urged.

"well, this thing is a masterpiece." demetri began as they all listened intently. "i mean, everything's to scale."