A - affirmative

San Diego, California

Fightertown, USA

Patrons and pilots alike were piled into the old bar, music humming through the air below the chatter. Naval aviators' favorite place to come right before a mission or when they arrive back on land.

Marina, Dominique, and Theo enter the bar dressed in their uniforms. The call they had received was vague, but an assignment is an assignment. The trio was feeling a bit nervous looking around the bar. Chances are the others who got this call was just as good as them, probably other TopGun graduates. Who knows how many of them would train only to be put on reserve? 

"Look other uniforms." Theo pointed out, six pilots stood around the pool table. They had seemingly arrived only a few minutes before them, one man lifts the triangle from the crowd of balls. 

"Come on maybe they know about what kinda mission this is." Dominique leads the others. As the trio made their way over, one man noticed.

"Theo? Theo Thompson?" Micky moved from the group and took Theo into a hug.

"Holy shit Micky!" Theos smile grew before turning to the girls.

"Yall this is--" Before Theo could finish, Dominique and Marina cut in.

"Hey, Fanny." They replied in unison.

"Ladies," He sighed "always a pleasure." Micky held a thin smile.

"You here with Tasha?" Marina asked and he nodded, pointing over to the pool table.

"And a new guy Bob plus Payback, Coyote, and Hangman." Mickey elaborated nodding his head in the direction of the table, Marina's eyes followed. There he was, with his blonde hair and subtle southern accent. Dominique elbowed her friends and muttered.

"Come on let's get it over with." Dominique pushed her forwards and dragged Theo along with them, literally pulling him out of the conversation. Jake noticed them making their way closer and his arrogant smile grew.

"Well, seem like only one Bradshaw made-" He started.

"My brother is on his way." Marina interrupted before he could continue. He just smirked, like always. 

"Well darling, I'm surprised."  Jake leaned towards the girls and Dominique rolled her eyes.  "Good to see you too Vix." He gave her a pat on the shoulder completely ignoring Theo. the 

"Bagman, never a pleasure." Dominique smiled loosely, holding Marina's arms behind her in case an impulsive twitch shot through her muscles. At the time, a new crowd had flown in and Marina's attention was drawn to a ratty old tropical shirt.  As he walked over Marina freed herself from her friend's grasp and gave the taller man a side hug.

"Roo! Thank god you are here, Bagman started talking to me and I just couldn't do it for much longer."

"I only said -" Jake tried to defend himself, but Marina shushed him. His tongue glided along his bottom teeth before heading off somewhere unseen.

"Hey Chicken. Glad to see you stateside." Dominique smiled at the taller man, he glanced down and gave her a hug, but there was avoidance in his gestures. 

"Foxy. Good to see you too." There was a song change, and Jake found his opportunity to saunter back into the conversation

"Both Bradshaws as I live and breath." He handed the two drinks in his hand to Marina and Dominique who took them reluctantly. Bradley simply stood up straighter and took a step in front of his sister.

"Hangman, you look good." Bradley sighed. Jake took the pool cue out of Bob's hands and lined up his shot. Bob thinned his lips and stepped back.

"Well I am good, Rooster," he glanced between the siblings. His gaze landed on Marina as he winked and sunk the ball into the pocket. "I'm very good." Marina looked at Dominique with pleading eyes. Let me kill him, please. Dominique shook her head slightly, not that she was opposed to the idea.

"In fact," Jake continued "I am too good to be true." 

Dominique leaned over to Natasha.

"He loves the sound of his own voice huh?" Natasha just nodded with a smirk and took a sip from her beer.

"So," Ruben inquired turning everyone's heads "Anybody knows what this special detachment is all about?" The group glanced around at each other no one answered.

"No, missions's a mission" Jake continued again looking for another shot on the table "They don't confront me. What I want to know: Who's gonna be a team leader?" He found and sunk another one. Bradley raised his eyes brows at his sister.

"And which one of y'all have what it takes to follow me?" He glanced around at the uniforms in the room. Most shifted in the uneasiness of the space, maybe someone with that much confidence should lead. Head switched to the younger Bradshaw as he spoke.

"Hangman the only place you'll lead anyone is an early grace." Bradley bit back with little care. Jake stood up from his shot and slid past Natasha and Dominique holding eye contact with both. Dominique bite her tongue so as not to spit out a long overdue rant.

"Well anyone who follows you is just gonna run out of fuel. But that's just ain't it, Rooster?" Jake leaned on the pool table in front of the siblings.

"Better to run out of fuel than stabbed in the back." Marina cut in standing between the boys. Marina isn't sure if it's a trick of her eye or Jake's eyes drains of confidence before another shield gets laid over top. Jake stood and slipped his hand on her waist pushing her slightly out of the way, she stuttered to speak as she was discarded. Now he was face to face with Bradley.

"I love this song." his arrogant smile found his face as he turns and bimbled back over to Cyotye. Dominque walks up to the siblings.

"We'll he hasn't changed."

"Nope, he sure hasn't." Bradley smiled at the blonde, he gave her a dramatic wink. Without another word, he walked away seemingly on a mission. 

As the pool continued, Mickey stood from his chair.

"Look more patches. That Harvard, Yale, Omaha. Shit, they even got Elmer and Chopper. What the hell kinda mission is this?" Natasha narrowed her eyes before speaking.

"That's not the question we should be asking. Everyone here is the best there is. Who the hell are they gonna get to teach us?"

As if some omen, the music cut out. Marina and Dominque smiled as they heard piano keys being tested. Natasha turned to them and watched where they were heading before dropping her pool cue and signaling to the others. A chant arose after the bell was rung once again. Overboard. Overboard. It drew Marina's attention away from her brother, looking for the culprit. She watched Jake, Ruben, and Javy grab a familiar face and carry him out. She thinks she might have an answer to Natasha's question.