Chapter 24

HIS eyes fluttered open and met the bright light above his head, which ached and throbbed in pain. He twisted his neck to each side of the room, blinking his eyes rapidly to adjust his vision. He met the sight of a minor, white hospital bed beside his own, and he curiously squinted to see who was lying on the bed.

The limp body was still unconscious, as much as his blurry eyes could tell. The long, familiar dark hair covered almost all of the figure's beautiful features, and her arm was covered in wires while her nose and mouth were covered by an oxygen mask.

"J-Jagiya?" He croaked out, his eyes rolling back to his head. "Is that y-you?"

The room went silent for a long moment. He allowed tears to blur his eyes and he shifted a bit in his place, meeting the itchy sensation of his IV on the back of his hand.

"J-Jagiya?"

The figure shifted lightly in the bed before his eyes, then slowly and weakly turned around to face him. It was the same face he had loved to his death.

His wife.

"J-Jagiya? What h-happened to you?"

The girl's vision adjusted to see his handsome, bruised face and sent him a smile through her mask, then made an attempt to remove the mask away from her nose.

She gasped into the light, invisible air for a few seconds.

Then, turned to face him once again.

"Hey, baby..."

The boy's eyes shimmered with tears, "jagiya? What happened to you?"

Her face broke into a weak, small smile.

"I'm okay, baby," she replied, "I'm okay now. How are you feeling?"

He shook his head, his tearful gaze locked onto hers. His head spun with confusion and he could only think of the worst possibilities out there. Pain and heartbreak overwhelmed his insides. "W-Why are you here? Are you... S-Sick?"

She lightly shook her head and sent him another side smile.

"I'm okay now, beautiful. I promise."

He let out a small sob, his shoulders shaking as a result. Soft gasps and sniffles escaped his mouth while his head shifted to glance around the room. His eyes fell back onto his wife and he could do little to stop his heart from breaking.

"I-I'm sorry... S-Sorry, really sorry." He whispered through painful gasps. "I want to go h-home. I want to be with you. I miss you so damn much."

"Beautiful," she coaxed, her voice soft and reassuring, "it's not your fault, okay? It never was. I miss you too, and we're going home tonight. I'll bring you some food and give you a bath... We'll be alright, pretty. Promise."

The words spilled out of her mouth so gently, that it managed to calm him down in a second. For a moment, all he wanted to do was go home so he could be with her.

"What do you want to eat, beautiful?" She asked after taking a deep breath. "I'll bring you whatever you want."

The memories of how generous his wife was, and how considerate she was of his needs came flooding back. A small, uncontrolled smile broke into his face.

"Thank you, jagiya..." He thought for a moment. "I don't know, really. I haven't eaten in a while."

It took her a few seconds before she smirked, an idea crossing her mind. "Does pizza sound good?"

He sent her a bright smile at that.

"Thanks, jagiya."

"Now that you both are fine, you can pack up and leave. Your brother is outside and he signed all the documents," the nurse spoke in a sweet tone, "he wants to say hello. Your friends also stopped by, but they left to go back to work. They said they'll visit you at home."

The girl nodded and muttered a small 'thank you', allowing the nurse to send the couple one last smile before getting out of the room, and closing the door behind her.

Only for it to be opened a few seconds later, revealing the familiar handsome figure of her brother.

"Hey, guys..." The boy began, fidgeting nervously with his fingers.

The couple muttered a small greeting and weakly waved their hands. He gulped his saliva and hurried towards his brother-in-law, a small smile on his face.

"Hey, Hyunjin," he whispered softly, "we really missed you."

The boy smiled and shook his hand, sitting up straight to engulf him in a tight hug. "Thanks, Rajwan."

And after letting go of his brother-in-law, he took slow steps toward his sister, avoiding her gaze.

"Hey, u-um," he began, sitting down on the empty space on the bed beside her, "I missed you."

"Me too," she replied, still lying in bed. He sent her a small smile and nodded.

"I'm sorry, really, really sorry."

His soft, guilty voice came out croaky, and Mal could almost smile at how he sincere he sounded. "It's okay, don't worry about it."

His eyes widen at that, as he half expected her to yell at him and tell him how hurt she was by him yelling at her, and he would've understood. Because he had no right to yell at his older sister when she needed him, even when he just went through a breakup. Especially when she had already warned him about it.

He felt rather... Stupid.

"Really?"

She nodded wholeheartedly, "yeah! I think I'm in a good mood today, and you're my brother, I understand that you were going through a rough time."

She glanced at Hyunjin, who was staring at the bright LED lamps on top of him. Rajwan immediately knew that he was the reason she was in a good mood, and he understood why. The past month had been hell for both parties after all.

"I'm so happy for both of you," he replied in a sweet tone, "I wish I could have someone who cares about me as you care about Hyunjin."

The sentence made the three softly smile.

"Don't worry, baby," his sister replied, "you'll find someone. Just don't rush your time."

He nodded at that, taking a mental note of the sentence. He knew that if he found someone, he will probably miss the reality of being single. So like his sister said, no rush.

"Is it time to go yet?" Hyunjin asked through suppressed tears. "I want to go back home."

The two siblings nodded.

"Yeah, I'll go see our chauffeur."

And with that, the boy got up and hurried out of the room. Mal watched his figure leave the room and then turned to her husband, a wide smile over her face.

Hell was over.

______________________________