Chapter 68: Winds of Change

Song Quote: Bury The Light
"I am the storm that is approaching Provoking black clouds in isolation I am reclaimer of my name
Born in flames, I have been blessed My family crest is a demon of death.
Forsakened, I am awakened
A phoenix's ash in dark divine
Descending misery. Destiny chasing time."
~~~

24 Hours Earlier

Third Person's Pov:
The pale golden sun barely peaked up past the horizon turning the sky into a bright orange. The land where the light rose, Ninjago always had peaceful mornings such as these.

A great start for a wonderful day.

Five ninja rode in the sky atop their respective elemental dragons. The cool breeze flowing past as the waves of the endless sea glistened in the morning light.

It would never be too early for their duties as they had been called on a job. It was a hunt for a very particular target. Though just because they're working, doesn't mean they didn't goof off along the way.

Kai laughed to himself as his dragon gracefully overtakes Lloyd who was leading the group.

The green ninja chuckled at how the fire ninja flew around so freely. "Getting ahead of yourself, Kai?" He calls "I'm leading this charge."

He tightened his grip on the reigns as his green elemental dragon darts past Kai's. The dragon swoops down and splashes up sea water as the fire ninja flies right into it.

Kai lets out a yelp and covers his head before checking if his clothes were soaked or not.

Jay cackles at the sight. "Haha! That's one way to cool off a hot head!"

Kai throws the lightning ninja a cheeky look retorting "Hey, no one messes up my hair!"

The fire dragon flies ahead of the others and splashes up more sea water. Cole and Jay managed to fly out of the way just in time leaving Zane as the recipient of the salty sea droplets.

The ice ninja spits and coughs as some of the sea water got in his mouth.

Cole laughs at the nindroid before calling over to him, "You okay there, Zane?"

"Affirmative. It'll take more than a little water to take me out" The nindroid jokes with a playful smile on his face.

Glancing behind the group, Jay gasps pointing down below "Oh, what about a big fish? Incoming!"

A beast of an aquatic creature leaps up and out of the water snapping its jaws at Zane's dragon. He only barely evades the creature's remarkable move by an inch before it fell back into the water.

"There he blows!" Cole exclaims.

It was now a matter of evading the fish as it now had the ninja and their elemental dragons on the list for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Zane manages to get a good look at the creature to analyze and identify it as the mutant fang fish. They were called out here to take care of it as the creature has been terrorizing a coastal village and depleting their food source.

"This is the one" Zane relays back to his friends as they keep a steady formation.

"And now that he's taken the bait, let's reel him in and get him to the aquarium" Lloyd adds in as their dragons group back together.

The fire ninja rode up next to Jay as he says, "Let me guess Kai, you caught one that big once?"

"Heck no" Kai smirked "He was twice the size."