Chapter 1: Questions After Questions

My name is Janson. I was captured by a team of people who claimed that they had saved me from a creature called boredom. My friends, Suzy and Ted was part of that group as well. It seemed like they had mingled in the group for some time already without me knowing. Now I am at their secret base, and I was brought to a treatment room to do some medical check-ups.

"Hello there, your name is Janson, right?" A woman in a lab coat asked.

"Yes, I am" I replied while nodding my head.

"Good. To be honest it must be lucky of you that your friends got there in time to save you. We don't normally receive bodies that are 'alive' you see" she said.

Then, she started to run some test on me. First, she did all the usual check-up that any normal medical facilities would, checking my heartrate, my blood pressure etc. All was calm and she kept talking to me about how she seen many dead bodies and how lucky I am. Then suddenly, she took a large needle with some green fluid in it. She started to push that into my IV and I was shocked.

"Wait, what is that?"

"Just some vitamins for your recovery. You did just get fed on by the creature, didn't you?" She assured me that all is fine. Then she begins to pump that into my IV into my veins. To be honest I did feel a slight cold and hotness in me, then after a few seconds, it was like it never happened.

"Alright, all done."

Just then Ted and Suzy walked in.

"Janson!" Ted shouted.

"Yo man, what's going on. Does anyone want to explain?"

Suzy calmly said: "follow me and I'll show you what we know."

Just before leaving, the woman in the lab coat said to me:

"Be careful, try not to do any heavy lifting for the next few hours. And btw, how silly I was to forget to introduce myself. I'm Emily, the head of the research team of WB."