Prologue

The sound of the front door creaking open and the bitter cold wind rushing in through the now open door was all that was heard in the otherwise dead silent mansion. The figure in the doorway froze at the sight in front of him. The dead bodies of the servants littered the ground in front of him, blood stains everywhere, and more bodies trailing up the carpeted marble staircase that was set in front of the entrance hall

The figure unfroze, shakily following the trail of dead bodies. It wasn't the first time he had seen death, far from it, while he was in charge of the economic politics of Snezhnaya, the least violent and gore filled  branch, he was still a fatui harbinger. His shaking didn't stem from the deaths themself, but from who was dead; the servants who were supposed to protect his child, his adorable little three year old daughter Nyx.

The servants were all specially trained, non vision holding (he had seen what visions did to the surrounding buildings during fights), and extremely strong knights, of course he did have three vision holders stationed at the mansion in case of emergency, but they seemed to also have gone down. He doubted one person took them all down, he was betting it was a paid assassin group.

All the dead servants were armed with bloodied weapons, showing that they hadn't gone down without a fight, however it didn't seem to be enough considering there were no unrecognized bodies seen on his way to the nursery.

When he arrived before the nursery his hope that Nyx was still there was all but gone, the amount of dead bodies littered around that he had seen had diminished his hope, one of the vision holders was dead right next to the crib, and now only a tiny naive part of him was thinking that she was still there. He walked towards the crib and when he saw it, his vision trembled and went red, he reached into the crib grabbed ahold of something and brought it to his chest, then proceeded to sink down to his knees and let out a wail of despair.

What he found in the crib was Nyx's favorite plushie, a cryo crystalfly plush, once a beautiful icy blue, now stained sanguine shade of red.

At that moment the dead vision on the vision holders body lit up once more, a deep blue replaced the once gray surface, and power once again resonated in the beautiful crystal.

A/N: I know people think Pantalone doesn't have a vision and i agree, but i wanted to give him one in this story.