I

The sound of a match being struck was follow by footsteps that echoed throughout the study. The man with the match walked over to a wall covered in bookshelves, took a candle down from one of the shelves and lit it. Footsteps once again resounded throughout the study as the man walked back to his desk with the candle in hand and set it down on his desk.

A small whimper rang out from somewhere beyond the room and the man sighed in annoyance, walking back to the bookshelf, he pulled out four books in a specific order. The first book removed was "Tales of The Fatui" the second removed was "Economics For Beginners" the third was called "How to Deal with Pregnancy" and the final book removed was "Do and Don'ts with Children"

The bookshelf was pushed forward, then it slid to the side, revealing a hidden room beyond the study. It was a tiny cramped room, with only one thing inhabiting it. A tiny child, sitting in the corner of the room, wearing clothes that surprisingly fit her rather well. The child was obviously a girl, her purple hair tied up on a bun on the top of her small head to prevent it from getting tangled up. Despite the obnoxious bruise in the shape of a hand covering her face she seemed overall well cared for considering her situation, however her facial expression was one of pure agony, pain and loathing.

She loathed this man, it was obvious to anyone who saw the look on her bruised face. To her, he was a horrible person who mistreated her. He felt cold, making her long for the warmth found only in her memories, memories about a man who looked like her with purple hair the same shade as hers and soft eyes, looking at her with love and adoration, holding her, cradling her close, giving her expensive gifts and worrying about her.

That was the person she wanted, not this horrible excuse of a man. This man who hated and kept insulting a family member. Family was supposed to be treasured, she remembered the man from her memories telling her that, yet this man was soiling her memories with his horrible opinions on this girl from his family. She had figured out the name of both the girl who was hated and the man who kept her; he was always talking about how the brat Eula didn't deserve the noble Lawrence name, and how she was ruining his honor as Ludvig Lawrence.

Now, the man who she hates heard her let out a sound of pain, it was a result of the whip he used on her back, the wound had reopened and she had leaned on the wall, accidentally rubbing it on the uneven bricks.

The man looked at her and sighed at the look of hate that painted her face. He turned around, walked back up the stairs and rang a bell situated on his desk. Not even two minutes later a butler entered the room asking what it was he was needed for, the man asked him to call for a doctor, the butler bowed and walked out of the study.

Around ten minutes later a doctor walked in with a purse filled to the brim with medical supplies. He also asked what he was needed for, the man answered by saying to the doctor that he had to heal her. The doctor didn't question it, as if he had been called on for these reasons before, and walked down the stairway to heal her.

After he was done, he came back up and excused himself from the study. The man walked back down to look at the girl in the room, his eyes glinted with amusement and he chortled a bit, touching her face with his disgusting hands. The girl flinched pulling back, the man, seeing this sighed and turned around and left the room, looking back before he closed the room again.

"I can't let my favorite toy die now can I?"

Once again, the girl longed for the man in her memories, to get away from this disgusting man and go back to the nice man.

She wanted to go back to her father.