16

"Ishana." He called me. I bit my lower lip and continued to look down on the ground as I walked pass him, I felt my chest tighten. "ISHANA!" He called me again as I walked pass him.

"ISHANA!"

"Stop!" I yelled back but I didn't turn back to him. I can't face him. "Stop it, Hakkai!" A tear fell down my cheeks as I stopped walking. "I walked pass you without looking at you, without talking to you. I want to continue walking, Hakkai." Because it hurts so bad. I've been chasing him since the beginning. I was so dumb. I love him so much that it blinded me. So blinded that I didn't see that he doesn't have feelings for me, even just a bit. I was fooling myself as I continue to chase him even if I know he wouldn't like me, love me, care for me, with just one bit. I should've known since the day he never looked back.

If I would to choose, I would choose to secretly admire him from afar until my feelings fade away.

I thought he will give me a chance. I was hopeful that one day he will reciprocate my feelings. But, I guess that day won't come. Because I wake up from my dream knowing I wouldn't stand a chance.

It was there in the very beginning but I ignored it because I was really hoping that Hakkai may like me. I got used to people easily liking me but when I met Hakkai everything change. Not all people like me, not all people can give me a chance to prove myself.

"...Shana!"

I hastily sat up. What is that? It's a dream, right? I looked at my side and saw Zia looking at me worriedly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while brushing my hair using my fingers.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but..."

No way!

Why did he have to come now? I've gotten over him! Or was I? My whole body is trembling as I carried my luggage and knapsack put of the bath house. I can't go near him again! It's true that I love him, but now...I don't think I can handle to be beside him again.

I was scared. I was traumatized. I don't even go out of the bath house often and I wear mask while working in the reception. Hakkai became one of the person I feared. But, to think that he was behind all of the silence after the catastrophic news was really...

"ISHANA!"

I flinched but I walked faster. He wouldn't be able to catch up because he doesn't know this place. The harbor is far away from here but I'm sure the train is at the station at this hour. It's my only escape.

"ISHANA!" I didn't dare to look back at him even after hearing his heavy footsteps and angry yelling.

It feels like this scenario happened before...

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY FROM ME!" He threatened me. I completely stopped walking when I saw a familiar face smirking at me at the end of the street.

Nahoya! You fucker! How can you betray me!

"Why are you guys popping out of nowhere?!" I yelled at Takemichi who was scratching his nape.

"Ah! This is fun!" I shrieked when Souya and...is that Inupi?! Where did they get that pedicab?!

I clenched my jaw before turning to my left. This is the longest route to the train station but I'm sure I will make it.

"Why are you running away?!"

"You know why!"

I don't want us to fight because we won't...no, there's no need for that now. My relationship with him is fading there's no way to save it.

"I'm here, Ishana. There's no need for you to be afraid!" He yelled from the top of the road. I am at the bottom of the road when I stopped running. The train station is now near. I can't believe I ran that far.

"I can't always rely on you, Hakkai!" I lowered my gaze. I told myself that my feelings are not the same anymore but why am I feeling like this?

"It's fine! I don't care!" I care!

"I can't go back there! There's no way I'm going back there!" I finally turned around to face him. My legs weakened when I saw how handsome he is. His button-down shirt is left unbottoned showing his nice body. God, he's so tall and his hair is down pass his shoulders.

He smirked when he saw me staring at him. "I can still get you speechless, huh?" He's so handsome!

Tears rolled down my cheeks when after a moment he is now in front of me. His breath is tickling my neck as he wrapped his arms around me. My legs gave out but thankfully he's holding me because if not I will be sitting on the road. He then whispered. "I didn't know you are putty in my arms."

"I hate you." I pouted while wiping my tears. I rested my chin on his shoulder blade before I sniffed his scent.

"Missed me?" Since when did he become so..."You're literally gripping my shirt." He laughed.

I pulled away and glared at him. "Put it on properly. Were you going to swim in the ocean?"

"It was hot, babe. Come on!" He held my wrist when I tried to go away from him.

"I love you." It still makes my breathing hitched.

"You came back to him?!" Yuzuha yelled while I sat on their couch. Okay, this is not really my plan. I either run away or....there's no use he will find me.

"Should I say sorry?" I looked away from her. She smacked the back of my head when I said that. "Ow!" I glared at her.

"You do realize that you are shaking, right?" She looked down at my hands placed on my lap.

"Ah, I'm just-"

"You should've rejected him, Ishana." She sighed before sitting next to me.

"How can I? Even if everything falls down, I will always choose to be with him."

"I thought your feelings is not that deep anymore." She raises an eyebrow.

"Maybe, it is. However, it's still here." I pointed my chest. "It will never leave even if I want to. He's a part of me." My eyes traveled to where Hakkai is. He's talking seriously with his brother. I'll remind myself to thank Taiju later. He helped me too.

Maybe, I was just lying to myself when I said that my feelings are fading away. I just want convince myself that I can move on from him. I want to open up to other people but I always find myself thinking of him.

For the past three years that we're not together, he stayed in my dreams and heart. He never leave, he's like a glue always sticking to me.

I thanked Taiju when we left their house. Apparently, Hakkai is now living alone. His house is kinda big, a modern house good for a family.

"Welcome home." He kissed my right cheek as he opened the main door.

He slid his hand to my arm to caress it. His touch is gentle, it's as if the stars were dancing across my skin.

"Do you like it?" He asked after he gave me a tour to his house.

I smiled. "Anywhere with you, is everywhere I want to be."

°-------°