Byler lol

Hey, y'all! I'm obsessed with Stranger Things so have a bit of Byler angst. This is only part 1 and there'll be 4ish more parts bc if you know me irl you've probably seen that story I have like 9 notebook pages of this bullshit so I am nowhere near done lol. Most of the Italics are when Vecna is speaking

Mike pov

I know what you are Michael, Vecna growled, his clawed hands were only centimeters away from my face

I tried to think of happy memories like playing d&d with The Hellfire Club and finishing our campaign or kissing El with the sound of the radio and Hopper telling us to keep the door open in the background.

Someone as repulsive as you doesn't deserve to live.  Vecna snarled You should've jumped into that quarry, and died. I knew he was right of course. If El hadn't gotten there in time I would have jumped. The  jump would've killed me, I had meant for it to kill me, I wish it had killed me. Every day after that for weeks my mother told me that I was so "blessed" so "lucky" that I was still alive but all I wanted was to be six feet under. I would've been with Will.

Suddenly the sound of Vecna's cruel laughter sent a chill down my spine, He resents you. He knows that you don't care about him!

"Who?" I ask although I have a feeling that I know who he is talking about. My brain flashed back to the summer before the Byers moved to California, Will following Lucas and me through the mall as we looked for gifts for Max and El. Then I thought about our argument, me yelling at him and saying 'It's not my fault you don't like girls!' and how I regretted that as soon as I said it.

You are so clueless, he said I could hear a hint of amusement in his voice You don't even realize how you feel about him, so you treat him like that. But I know Michel. I know all of your dark twisted secrets.

I know what you are. He repeated. His crusty lips formed a cruel smile.

"What am I then!" I yelled trying to get out of his grasp.

I'll let you figure that out yourself Michael, he said, Then everything went blank.

Will pov

It was chaos. Vecna had just possessed Mike so I was searching the basement for music and Dustin and Robin were searching his room except none of us knew his favorite song.

A scream echoed through the basement and I saw mike falling. I guess Vecna was done with him.

I knelt beside where he had landed. He was breathing heavily but he didn't look physically hurt.

"Are you okay?" I ask. I expected him to say something sarcastic like 'of course I'm not okay, I just got possessed. ' but he didn't. He sat up and hugged me. It wasn't like that hug at the airport, this felt different.

"I'm so sorry, Will. I've been such a terrible friend. I shouldn't have ignored you," His voice sounded as if he was crying, and he probably was considering that I could feel his tears soaking through the fabric of my shirt.

"Um, it's ok. You didn't mean to." He said.

The sound of two people running down the stairs caused him to pull away from me swiftly whipping his tears so that no one would know that he had been crying. No one except me.

"Is he dead!" Robin exclaimed as she descended the stairs with Dustin following close behind her.

"Chill out, I'm fine," Mike said with a slight laugh "I guess Vecna got tired of me or something."

"What was it like?" Robin asked as she sat down on the couch. Mike hesitated For a second, then he opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out.

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to," I reassure him, placing my hand on his arm. He looked like he was blushing but I wasn't completely sure.

"N-no, I, um- It's fine" He stammered "It was just, like, fucking surreal I guess. Like one minute I was here like just talking to Will and like suddenly he started talking in Vecna's voice saying that he hated me and, like, he knows what I am, whatever that means, and he like, wished that I had jumped into the quarry." His voice faltered, and tears pricked the corner of his eyes. 

"I could never hate you mike," I said. I wanted to say something else along with that but Dustin and Robin were in the room.

"um yeah I know," he said. He was definitely blushing now. The room was awkwardly quiet after that.

"I'm gonna go, like tell the others that you almost got Vecna'd," Dustin said, breaking the silence. 

He got up to go upstairs and Robin followed, leaving me and Mike alone in the basement.