Dont leave, please

Bruce POV

It felt

Right

I begin to open my eyes as the sun hits my face. I glance through my eyelashes to be met by a golden glow through the blinds. I attempt to get up but I am immediately met by a resistance. I turn my head to see Vance holding me down. I know he's awake, but he doesn't want to get up. I turn my head towards the wall, staring at the posters all over them. All sorts of band posters in the walls. Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Metallica and even Queen posters are plastered all over his room.

This man has taste

I look closer to see a Michael Jackson poster, covered by an AC/DC poster. I look even closer to see a backstreet boys and a new kids on the block poster, hidden behind his bed

I'm never gonna stop teasing him about that

I attempt to get up to be immediately pulled back down, pulled up Vance's body. I am now face to face with those cherry lips. If I move any closer, our noses would be touching. I can see his beautiful freckles again. I move a hand up to his head, twirling my fingers in his hair. Even when asleep, his hair is so. Fluffy.

I ruffle his hair for a few seconds before he leans into my touch. He moves closer to me, placing his head into my chest.
"Don't leave, please," he mumbles, his hand reaching towards mine. He intertwines our fingers, pulling them close to his chest
"Stay for a while" he whispers, pulling our hands to his lips, planting a gentle kiss on my knuckles.

Fuck

He certainly knows how to mess with me

"You look warm, Yamada. Your face is red." He smiles at me. A warm smile. A facial expression I've never seen on Vance before. I smile back and lay down, my head against his. Keeping our hands interlocked, he wraps his other arm around my waist, sliding his hand under my hoodie and placing it on my skin. Even his hands are warm.

I want to stay like this forever. No worries, no problems. Just me and Vance. Forever enjoying each others comfort.

"Vance! Where the fuck are you?"

Vance shoots up from the sofa, an unfamiliar fear in his eyes. He turns to me. I've never seen him so scared.

"You need to fucking leave. Now," he whispers, a slight hint of panic in his voice

"I don't have any pants?"

He quickly jumps up, grabbing my jeans from his bed frame. He throws them to me, nudging me towards the window. He opens it as he starts to clean his room, any mess instantly gone. I look down at the ground, not too far of a fall. I place one leg over the window frame, pulling my jeans up my legs. I turn back to see a panicked Vance making his bed.

Why is he so scared of that voice?

"I'll see you at school Vance," I cheer, hoping that he might say goodbye.

He didn't

I jump down to the ground, the cold grass brushing against my hands. I look through the downstairs window to see an older man, about 45 or so. He has blonde hair like Vance. But it's not fluffy. It's shorter, but it looks knotted and unwashed. His clothes covered in stains, alcohol maybe?

But his eyes. They are terrifying.

They're nothing like Vance's. They're cold, empty. Evil eyes.

I can see why Vance would be scared of him

I tiptoe towards my window, using the pipe to climb up. I hope I left it unlocked.

Yes!

I open the window and slip into my room. I immediately rush over to the clock. 8:11 am. School starts at 8:30.

Goddam it

I rush over to my backpack, making sure everything I need is inside. I rush over to my wardrobe and grab a fresh pair of underwear and jeans, putting them on fast as humanly possible. I grab my bag and rush out of my door. I parade down the stairs to be met by a stern looking father, key cars in hand.

"I've been waiting here son. For 11, well, 12 minutes now. You think that is suitable? Punctuality is key son. You know this" my dad is a very serious man. He hates people who are lazy.

"I'm sorry dad. It won't happen again."

He stares towards my chest, a puzzled expression upon his brow.

"You've updated your wardrobe?" He asks, pulling on the blue fabric on my torso. Oh. I forgot to take off the hoodie

"Yes dad. It is winter, and I needed a new hoodie"

His stares linger for a moment before nodding, gesturing for me to follow him to his car. We walk calmly outside as I grab the car door, sliding onto the backseat with my bag. He puts the keys in, turning the ignition on, and begins to drive

It's usually a car ride filled with ambition, my father expressing how important things are. But this car ride was the opposite. It was awkward. Silent. Peaceful.

We pull up to the schools sidewalk, my father gesturing for me to get out of the car.

"Thank you father. I have debate club after school, so I shall be walking"

He nods at me in approval, before driving away. I make my way towards the school doors. I got here just on time. I walk down the hallway, expecting to make it to home room, but I am instead dragged into a spare classroom. I frantically look around to find a pair of beautiful blue eyes staring back at me.

Vance

"Vance, I need to get my attendance mark, can this wait please?"

He looks, agitated. Yet. Nervous. I've never seen him like this before. He reaches down into his pocket and pulls out a voucher for something. It looks like a voucher for the new pizza place that opened in town.

"I got these vouchers. It's for pizza," he starts "I don't need them. You can have em. I could go with you I guess. "

Is Vance, asking me

On a date?