Chapter 1: Steve

This is the first in a four part series (Four's Company | Five's a Crowd | Is Six too Many? | Six is Plenty) that focuses on the intertwining lives of six loveable main characters, four of whom hail from the Marvel Universe. When I first set out to write this story I wasn't sure if it was going to be a fanfiction, so two of the characters are my own original characters. Once I really got into writing this, I realized Bucky and Steve (and later Loki and Thor) were perfect for the story, but I had already fallen in love with Nicky and Charlie- and I hope you do too! I wanted there to be a little more diversity in the story so I've taken some artistic liberties with the characters race and ethnicities (as well as number of tattoos)

The first few chapters are mainly setup, but I promise if you can hold out to around chapter 4 things really start to pick up and by chapter 11 there will be smut in almost every chapter moving forward. There are some trigger warnings throughout the series including references to: past abuse, panic attacks, homophobia, past thoughts of self-harm, death of parents, and COVID-19 (this still feels so new I'm not fully sure how to write a trigger warning for it, but the second, third, and fourth stories all take place during the pandemic and deals with some of the fears, trauma and stress this brought on for many of us.) I will trigger warning each individual chapter and other than that this is just one big gay romance with lots of feel good moments, delicious smut, characters prioritizing mental health but sometimes bumbling around about it, and an eventual HEA. 

Part 1

"Bucky, are you almost ready to go?" Steve called as he stared into the mirror, and ran his hand through his hair for the fifth time.

He was wearing a new shirt Bucky had bought him, navy blue to complement his eyes, and tight across his built shoulders and chest to compliment...well, everything else. He was also wearing his favorite light wash, boot cut jeans over worn brown boots. In other words, his classic boy-next-door look his boyfriend loved, and constantly teased him about.

He tried one more time to get his sandy blonde hair to do something, anything, other than stick up in its short fade cut. This is what he got for trying new hair cuts. Bucky loved his hair with a slight swoosh on the top, but in the summer he got tired of having hair brushing his ears. Bucky had taken him to his local barber and suggested a fade cut with a little shag left on the top. It had looked amazing in the shop but Steve always struggled to get it to do much of anything on his own.

He sighed and turned away from the mirror right in time for Bucky to rush into the bathroom, quickly dodging around Steve to get a look in the mirror himself.

He was a vision in black, as always. Black short sleeve button down, left open over a form fitting fishnet t-shirt. It fit across his muscular shoulders perfectly and tapered down over his fit waist and slim hips, and was accented by a studded belt. On his bottom half he was wearing black jeans that made his ass look like it was cut from granite, over black combat boots. To round out the look, he was currently applying charcoal eyeliner in the mirror to his angular eyes, letting out an angry huff when his soft, chin length, shaggy black hair fell into his face.

Steve chuckled in fond exasperation and walked over behind him to hold his hair back from his face.

Bucky's eyes came up to meet Steve's in the mirror and he smiled, and Steve smiled back.

They made quite the pair. Steve had fair skin that tanned easily and burned even easier, a 6 foot body, built like a quarterback, and a boy next door look. Bucky had golden skin from his Korean heritage, 5 foot 7 inches of muscle and sinew, and a punk aesthetic. He was usually more subdued, opting for black v-necks and dark wash jeans, sometimes a choker or a ring for good measure, but he had really pulled out all the stops tonight. Tonight was their two year anniversary and after extensive moaning and complaining from Bucky, they were going to a club.