Chapter 4: Battle Introductions

Jedi Knight Archie Ilaiah

Being in a warship with Ahsoka and Rex feels similar to the old times, but this mission just feels different. It might be because I just got back, but I'm also jumping into a battle to save my own people.

"So please tell me about Palpatine—" Ahsoka begins.

"You didn't know?" Bo-Katan asked. "It's been spreading for a long while."

"He was Darth Sidious all along." I say. "Revealing himself to Anakin was his mistake. I just can't help but feel Maul knew that this was coming."

"Well, who else is alive right now? In terms of Sith and Separatists?"

"Well, before we even talk about the Sith, I can tell you that Fives and Echo are back."

"Echo! He's alive! And what happened to Fives?"

"He was really the one who tried to expose the Chancellor. Commander Fox shot him, but Palpatine must've smuggled him off-world because he told Anakin where he was."

"So much has gone on...and I wasn't there for the Order."

"But it's understandable..." I mutter. How did I let myself become so fearful of the Dark Side? Why did I let them intimidate me?

"Archie," She says, her voice low. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I lie. "Just a bit of a headache. That's all."

She opens her mouth, like she wants to say more, but Bo-Katan gets an incoming transmission. A hologram appears.

"Almec." I mutter.

"What is the meaning of this invasion?" The Prime Minister exclaims. "Republic presence here is a direct violation of our treaties."

"Your time has come, Almec." Bo says cooly. " We know you're Maul's puppet, and we are coming for him."

"Ah-ha," He smirks, making me hate him by the seconds—but I unclench my fist. "—traitors. I should have known you were behind this incursion. Siding with the Republic will make you an enemy in the eyes of the people."

Oh, he was talking to me too?

"I'm fine with that."

"Almec, I'm a Jedi. I'm in the Republic."

The Prime Minister of Mandalore cuts off and Bo is fuming.

You can't go back to where you were so soon, I think to myself. You have a job to do.

"You're nothing like your sister." Ahsoka says to Bo-Katan.

"I know."

===

City Under Attack! After killing all the separatist leaders, General Grievous has mounted a full scale invasion on Coruscant. His mission: destroy the Jedi Order and the Republic in one swift strike.

With all communications down, Jedi Master Mace Windu commands what few clones are remaining and defends the city from the ground. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker take the fight to the air in hopes of stopping Grievous and Count Dooku for good.

Meanwhile, unaware of the war at home, Master Yoda and Clone Force 99 arrive on Kashyyyk...

===

Yoda and The Bad Batch observe the ground of Kashyyyk. Hunter kneels down and touches the ground. The Jedi Master observes the sky from a tree. The Sergeant looks up.