The Loop

It all happened so quickly. Rick, a young man with extreme curiosity, was just in bed waking up from a horrifying nightmare. After finding a cursed pendant belonging to a woman who supposedly died from a nightmare. It didn't take long for him to realize that he was stuck in a loop. Anyone who finds this pendant was destined to pass in their dreams. People say there's no way to break the curse, or is there?

It was like living darkness. Rick, heart beating fearfully, started walking through a narrow hall, avoiding the sharp jagged metals all over. Suddenly he could hear a cold, whispery voice "No! don't leave," it called out. In the endless darkness, he could see a pair of glowing red eyes, it got closer and closer. Rick woke up, shivering with fear.

His sister, Crystal, walked in giggling as she could see Rick with pure terror tingling in every vein. "Another nightmare?" Crystal asked as she placed Rick's breakfast on the side table.

"Yeah..." Rick replied, still hearing the wailing and shrieking of the creature. Crystal left for work, having Rick stay home by himself.

Their parents were rumored to have disappeared without a trace. It was said that they were in a plane crash but some people say they were in a car accident. No one knew for sure, even the two kids.

Rick slowly finished his breakfast. He could hear echo laughs behind the vents. As the curious kid he is, he decided to shine a flashlight into it. He was scared stiff. He saw the exact same creature from his dream, "It makes the same sound it did in my dreams!" saying to himself in a terrified voice.

Before he knew it, the creature had pulled him into the vents, unearthly, bottomless darkness. He tried to scream. It was no use. He knew no one could hear him, as if he was drowning even though he was never surrounded by water.

The creature disappeared. Breathing heavily, he could feel the solid floor beneath him. He picked himself up. There he saw the exact same world in his dream. He could hear terrifying, sweaty crawls. All of a sudden voices boomed and echoed, and flickering shadows writhed.

He could see lifeless bodies of humans, laying on the ground, Full of claw marks. There were sharp jagged metals everywhere. As he made his way through the dark endless hallway, he could see a light. He tried to reach for it, every step he took closer the farther away it looked.

He woke up from the devilish nightmare, shivering with fear. Crystal walked in, the same look on her face, giggling, "Another nightmare?" Crystal asked as she placed the same breakfast on Rick's bedside table.

"It could be a coincidence," Rick said to comfort himself. Just like in his dream his sister leaves for work. As he finished his breakfast he could hear the same noises coming from the vent just like before.