MY FIRST REACTION TO A PROMPT (For Prompt "Rise"

When I started writing from prompts six years ago, upon seeing the word, my first thought was what song or song title has this word been used. I don't know why I do this but it always happens. I suspect it's because of my love for music and my large music collection that I'm always listing to.

As an example, this prompt 'Rise'. The first song I thought of was, "Sun Rise, Sun Set", from The Fiddler On The Roof. The second song was, "House Of The Rising Sun" by the Animals, and the third was "Rise" by Herb Alpert. There were more but you get the idea.

If you wish to see this in action go back to one of my earlier stories entitled "Hurt".

When I was younger my memory for songs and artists was exceptional and my three brothers would test me with questions like, who sang this or who was the artist on this song or, even the year it was a hit. Most times I had the correct answer but not so much anymore!

To this day my younger brother, when we have a phone conversation, will usually start by asking one of those questions. He has quite the laugh when I get it wrong. I still have the ability to remember where I was and the year of a particular song I liked, tho I'm slowly losing that also. I drive my wifecrazy giving her that unwanted information. She has never been impressed with this ability

So, to summarize this short account about my fading abilities of this great and useless information, all has not been lost, so don't be surprised if you see I've used it in upcoming stories.