- c h a p t e r - t e n -

Harry was still broomless, and classes had started again.

        And Gemma?

        Well, the young girl was having a hard time not staring at Professor Lupin all the time.

        After her realisation on Christmas, she wanted to ask him if she was right, but she did not want to accuse him of anything, so she kept quiet.

        This was also around the time that Harry was starting his anti-Dementor lessons for whenever it was needed, but mostly during Quidditch games.

        The first lesson was to be on Thursday, and the moment Harry was informed by the sickly teacher, he quietly asked Gemma to come with him.

        She told him she would but then noticed that her best friend started to almost cling to her like a leach.

        Gemma had just come around the corner, having forgotten something in the Potions room (a handful of her secret notes from her advanced Potions books), when she ran smack into someone.

        "Ah, lil baby Hilton!" Draco teased rudely.

        She glared at him, blowing a piece of her hair from her face, "Shove off, Malfoy."

        She moved around him when he snatched the notes from her hands, "Ooo! What are these?"

        She reached for them, but it was then that she realized that Draco had grown, meaning she could not grab her papers.

        "Give them back!" She cried.

        His grey eyes glittered maliciously, "What are these? Love letters?"

        "Oh, wouldn't you know?"

        A few Slytherin students raised their brows at Draco as they heard the exchange, and Draco grabbed Gemma's wrist and gave it a violent yank, "You better keep your trap shut, or I'll ---"

        "Or you'll what?"

        This was a new voice.

        Everyone seemed to go rigid as Professor Lupin stepped up, his eyes glowing with rage and hatred and the familiar face of Cedric Diggory right behind him.

        "What were you going to say, Mr. Malfoy?" He repeated. "Go on..."

        Draco glared at the teacher and let go of Gemma, "Nothing, Professor."

        "Good," The professor nodded firmly. "Now, get to lunch, Mr. Malfoy. Twenty points from Slytherin for bullying Miss Hilton."

        Gemma thought Draco was gonna pop as he stomped around them.

    "Draco," Cedric called. "Give Gemma her notes back."

    And without turning around, he threw them into the air.

    Gemma chirped and started to dive for the parchment.

    Professor Lupin and Cedric assisted her, gathering up the notes, the latter passing them to the former.

    Gemma held the ones she had gathered close to her as Cedric moved closer to her, "Are you okay?"

    She blinked up at him, his handsome face pinched with worry.

    "Oh, y-yeah," She bobbed her head. "I'm okay."

    "Your wrist looks a little red..."

    She dropped her eyes to her exposed skin and shook her head, "Oh, it doesn't hurt much."