- chapter four

·  ·  · ────────────── ·  ·  ·

            ❛ it's been a pleasure ms. lennon

|    |

·  ·  · ────────────── ·  ·  ·
❛ something happens and i'm head over heels ❜
—head over heals , tears for fears

OCTOBER WAS GOING BY FAST. before maggie knew it, it was october 25. today, there was a quidditch game between gryffindor and slytherin. every house loved to go attend the games just because behind the actual intenseness of the match, everything was personal. gryffindor and slytherin never got along and watching their matches were quite interesting. maggie's best friend, jules, absolutely hated quidditch, but maggie thought it could be interesting at times.

it was fairly cold out as maggie was looking for a place to sit in the ravenclaw section. maggie had a handful of friends, but not friends that would include her in everything. the only person she really talked to was jules. as she moved through the stands careful to not step on people's feet, she found a spot next to a girl named tatum blackwood. tatum's height was about 5'7 which was almost identical to maggie's. she had blonde curly hair which reached down to her mid-back and a charming smile.

"maggie, come sit with us," tatum gestures to her other five friends standing next to her. maggie thankfully accepted her offer and moved to stand next to her.

the game was already more then half way over when maggie spotted james rolling up his sleeves to his elbows, while wiping the sweat of of his glistening forehead. maggie turned to tatum, who didn't seem too invested at the scene playing out in front of her, and asked her the score.

"i don't really know, but i do know gryffindor's winning," she said, adjusting her raven colored scarf around her neck.

maggie nodded her head, focusing on the game in front of her. she watched as james eyes wandered around the pitch, scanning for the snitch. suddenly, his broom bolted downwards headed towards the ground, the slytherin seeker hot in pursuit. their brooms were headed inches away from the ground when james swiftly adjusted his broom upwards, while the other seeker hit the ground. james opened his hand and in it was a small gold ball, which just happened to be the snitch. everyone could hear the roars coming from gryffindor's side as the players dismounted their brooms. gryffindor students crowded around them, while the other houses started leaving the stands one by one. 

"well, i'll see you at the party tonight!" tatum said to maggie, hugging her goodbye and leaving before maggie could ask her about the party. confusion took over her mind, but she decided to focus on going to congratulate the gryffindor players.

she walked onto the field, her blue standing out from the rest do the red and yellow. she finally found james, but only he was talking to a group of girls. maggie watched as they all laughed at something he said, but james finally noticed her standing there.

maggie took this as her chance to leave and figured she'd congratulate him later. she sent him a smile, which went unnoticed by the swooning girls talking to him.

maggie turned away and began walking off the pitch when she heard her name getting called. she turned around and watched as james potter ran over to her, a huge grin adorning his face.

"hey ms. lennon," james said, lightly bumping his shoulder into hers.

"hi, mr. potter," she said, mimicking his actions. the two began mindlessly walking away from the pitch.

"how'd you like the game?" james asked her, his eyes pierced to the side of her head.

"well, for the twenty minutes i saw of it, i think you guys played good," maggie stated, watching as he nodded.

"good enough to beat ravenclaw for our next game?" he asked sarcastically, laughing as he watched maggie roll her eyes.

"oh, bloody hell. you may have one this one, mr. potter," maggie said abruptly stopping, walking in front of him. "but, we are going to beat you your ass," maggie stated pointing at him.

maggie laughed, a broad smile taking over her lips. she watched as he looked her up and down, a smile similar to hers, but instead it was more of a smirk.

"come to the gryffindor party tonight," james unexpectedly announced.

"is that a request or a demand?" she asked, tauntingly, raising her eyebrows in question.

"oh you already know the answer to that, lennon," the words rolling right off his tongue, smoothly.

maggie began walking away and back to the castle, "goodbye, mr. potter."

"it's been a pleasure. ms lennon."

___________

authors note!!
hello everyone! i am so incredibly sorry that i haven't updated in an extremely long time. i started school and the sport i play, so i've been extra busy lately. this is honestly just a small filler chapter until i get some more writing motivation. thank you so much for reading and pls try ur best to ignore the mistakes. (it's midnight where i am and i'm absolutely exhausted) !!