Chapter 14

We're all sitting in the waiting room, Bakers and Murtaughs united. I'm watching Jake and Henry play cards when all of a sudden Jake offers Becky his cards and comes to join me on my chair. He holds his hand out to me, which I accept, and pulls me up, taking my seat and letting me sit on his lap. "What's going on?"

"I wanted to sit with you." He shrugs. "And I know Henry likes her."

"Henry and Becky?" He nods. "Hmm, could be cute."

Mike, Mark and Kenny run into the waiting room with bedpans on their heads. "Dad, look what we found! Check it out!"

"Hey!" Tom laughs. "Cool, just-just be sure to, uh, disinfect 'em."

"Okay."

"Its a bedpan Kenny. Take it off." Jimmy tells his son and I roll my eyes at him with a small smile.

"Do you reckon they'll ever get along?" I ask Jake.

"Who? My dad and Jimmy?" I nod to his question. "Sure. If they could let go off their pride. We could all be really close."

"Never be like that." I tell him sternly.

"I'll try." He laughs.

Charlie and Anne walk in together and up to their dads. 

"They're so gonna get married." I state with a small smile.

"Really?" Jake asks.

"Mhm, I have a sixth sense for these kind of things. Its a talent." I shrug, smugly.

"Oh yeah, how many kids are they gonna have Miss Zoltar?" He questions.

"Ten." I answer. "They both enjoyed having big families so settled for ten because its in between the amount of their families."

"Oh yeah?" He smirks and I nod, "What about Mark?"

"Mark's gonna come out as gay in 2010 and is gonna get married to Kenny and they'll adopt a kid." I state.

"Really?" I nod. "The twins?"

"Well, Jessica and Kim are going to Uni together and our gonna embrace their inner feminism and decide they don't need a husband as they are happy with each other. So they'll adopt first before I'm saying Kim goes to a sperm bank and has a set of twins." I say before looking at Nigel and Kyle. "The boys are gonna live with your parents until they are twenty and move out together. They're gonna have a joint wedding and I think Kyle will have twins and Nigel will have three kids."

"How do you know all this?" Jake asks me.

"The art of your own imagination." I shrug.

"What about us?" He asks.

"Um, we're gonna get married at twenty one and have two kids the next following years, then somewhere along the lines we'll have two more." I say playing with his fingers.

"What do we call 'em?"  

"Well the first ones a girl and we name her after my mom but the next three are a little fuzzy." I shrug.

"Oh yeah, I can see it." Jake nods. "Our third ones definitely a boy. And when he's our age he's gonna get a new group of friends and start rebelling."

"Oh no! What're we gonna do?!" I exclaim.

"What's wrong?" Sarah asks, alarmed by my sudden outburst. 

"Jake junior is gonna be a rebel!" I inform her.

"What?" Her and Elliot ask confused and Jake laughs.

"No, don't worry EJ is gonna talk him out of it." Jake waves us off.

"Who's EJ?" We all ask.

"Their kid." Jake points at Sarah and Elliot and they look at each other confused.

"Us?"

"Yep." Jake nods.

"Oh yeah, I see it." I nod looking at them. "Three kids, ain't it?"

"Definitely three." Jake nods and we both laugh at their expressions.

"Excuse me, Tom?" Bud walks in the waiting room. "You wanna meet your grandson?"

"Yeah." Tom smiles and follows his son in-law.

We all slowly trail behind them to Nora's hospital room. 

"You did a good job honey. A really good job." Kate smiles proudly.

"That's a big boy." Jess speaks up. "Too bad he wasn't there to help us win the cup."

"He'll get a chance." Bud nods. "Mike Romanow gave me a deal. Now we own the big house at the lake."

"It'll be nice having you in the neighbourhood, Bud." Jimmy smiles. "You Murtaughs better starting cracking out Grandkids if you wanna compete."

We all laugh before being silenced by Lorraine. "Shhh. Guys, my godchild is trying to snooze."

"So... any ideas on names?" Kate asks.

"I think we're gonna go with Tom." Nora states. "Cos you taught us there's no way to be a perfect parent... but a million ways to be a good one. And you're about as good as they get. Say hi to grandpa."

Lorraine picks up little Tom out of his mother's hands, plants a kiss on his head. "You're so beautiful."

Lorraine passes the baby to Kate who holds the baby in front of her and her husband. "Hey Tom... Welcome to the Family."

"Its the circle of life!" Me and Jake start singing.

"And it moves us all!

Through despair and hope!" We look at each other confused for a second. 

"We don't know these words yet~!

But hopefully we will learn~!

In the circle

The circle of life!" We finish as every starts laughing at us.