From a distance

Jake "Hangman" x GN!Reader
Note: I tried putting this in Jake's perspective. Also don't come for my throat, I tried(lol). Don't mind the songs (I was sad)
Inspired by the song:
How do I breathe?-Mario
Break even - the script
-
A year ago, I promised you that I wouldn't ever break your heart. That I won't be the cause of your tears. Yet here I am causing the tears in your eyes, but not for good reason. I just felt like we were drifting apart,so I left. You pleaded for me to stay, but at the moment I didn't care.

After awhile, everything felt cold. You're not here. No cuddles, kisses, or even little goofy dance offs in the kitchen. While the world felt like it was caving in, I realized that I'm still in love with you. I feel so dumb. I wanted to text you, but couldn't bring myself to do so. I often wish I could do things differently. Rewind time, if possible.

I can see your beautiful smile even from a
distance. It aches, even though I love it. I'm not the one making you smile anymore, it's Fanboy. Although it's been months since I broke up with you, it still breaks my heart knowing that I'm no longer the one that makes you happy.

It still replays in my head of you crying. Pleading for us to work things out. Promises made, then broken in a second.

I was staring at a photo of you with so much love in your eyes. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. "You good?" Bob asks as he notices your photo on my phone. I look up at him and just nod my head. "I'm good..."

How do I explain that Im not? Or that I'm still madly in love with you. That i still want you,but can't. Or that I'm sleepless most nights.

I'm sitting at the bar, taking shots to numb the pain. It ain't working. Penny gives me a sympathetic look, just gave a weak smile is all I could give. I tried moving on, but I can't. It's not you. Everyone tried cheering me up, but nothing worked. I still wanted you, but you're out of reach. No longer mine.

While I watch everyone around me have a good time, Im sitting at the bar in sadness. I can't help but to try to drown it out. I can't, because with every drink or shot more memories with you keep coming back. Like how you ran your fingers through my hair, or how your crinkled when I said something silly. I know it'll take time to get over you, but for now I'll continue to love you from a distance.

Coyote has his hand on my shoulder as some form of comfort. "Why don't you tell
Y/N you still have feelings?". As tears fall, the only thing I can let out was,"I can't. I do still love them, but I'll do it from a distance."

I always wondered how it would be to still be yours. You were the best person to walk into my life, & I messed up by leaving. When I saw you leave with Fanboy, I knew that there was no chance at getting you back.

With tears in my eyes, the only thing I could get out was, "I'll always love you, but from a distance." I knew you had left already, but it felt good saying it. It was the closest I'd ever come to you again, and I knew I could only blame myself