The River Styx

The next few days have been pretty quiet. I half expected Hades to go all out with his takeover of Athens after I accidentally suggested it to him after the Pyanepsion fiasco, but even he kept that plan quiet. It was almost scary with all the stillness and how less chaotic things seemed, that is until today.

Today at school was our official first day of Shop Class, or at least my 7th period class. The reason why I say it was our first day is because the school couldn't find a teacher who was willing to teach an elective to get the students to be eligible enough to graduate so it served as our temporary Study Hall. Why we needed an elective to graduate is beyond me, but needless to say that the school managed to find someone.

Daedalus.

That's right. The greatest inventor of all time, the blessed one of the goddess Athena, and -most importantly if not unforgettable- Icarus' father. Our first day with him as our teacher started out seemingly normal, with Daedalus giving us all a seemingly normal first day-of-class speech.

"There are approximately twelve of you. You are all adolescents. Therefore, you must be my new class." he declared. "We shall begin molding you tender young minds with a group project!"

We all worked together to build said group project -well most of us. Adonis supervised, the hobo. But when the ones who really put in the effort finished, we built a really cool project:

"A solar-powered catapult?" Hercules scoffed as we all looked at the finished machine.

"Well, at least it looks cool." I pointed out.

Herc responded with an unamused look.

"And you are, young man?" Daedalus walked towards Hercules and I after hearing the two of us talking.

"Uh, Hercules." Herc reminded him.

"Ah, Icarus has told me of you." Daedalus said as he grabbed a nearby chainsaw from the shelf above Hercules. "Hero-in-training, and strong. Abnormally so."

"Well, yeah, I, uh-"

"Meaningless here!" Daedalus cut him off with the roar of the chainsaw.

Everyone backed away in fear of getting Leatherfaced by our teacher as he stood there looking more like a mad scientist than an inventor.

"In this room, we are not heroes. We are inventests, creatons, manipuladores!" Daedalus then used the chainsaw to cut his podium in half and made some soldier cut-outs from it.

"Behold the greatest gift of all- Raw manual dexterity." our teacher said as he turned off the chainsaw. If I had known Shop Class was this much fun, I would've taken it years ago back home.

Daedalus then laid his chainsaw down by the cut-outs, took out a piece of glass the size of a dinner plate, and handed it to Hercules. "You, hero, shall operate the trigger on the catapult."

"Try not to blow it, Destructo-boy." Adonis told Hercules. "We get a group grade on this."

"For once, you have a point." I remarked to the Fresh Prince of Nowhere.

"Why, thank you." he beamed.

"I said for once." I reminded him.

Adonis did a double take and realized that I was being sarcastic with my earlier comment.

"Hey!" he whined as I flashed him a sly smirk.

Daedalus took Hercules to the catapult and had him hold the piece of glass over a string so that the sunlight would reflect off it and burn the piece of rope that served as the trigger for the catapult.