Gaining a treasure

"Tae," Jungkook shakes Taehyungs shoulder as the older sleeps, "Hyung, you need to wake up, Hobi Hyung has information for us."
Taehyung mutters something but lets Jungkook sit him up on the bed in Yoongi and Hoseok's spare room. They have been living here six months already and part of Taehyung wishes this could be their permanent future, but he knows better than to hope for that.
"Do I need to carry you?" Jungkook teases, poking Taehyung's arm insistently.
"Fine, I'm up," Taehyung lifts his head, finding Jungkook through his hair. It had grown several inches over the last few months, and the messy curls only endeared him further to Jungkook, who had trouble not cooing every time he saw his boyfriend.
"How do you feel this morning?" Jungkook asks, making eye contact with Taehyung so the older wouldn't brush the question off or avoid it.
Taehyung sighs, "I'm okay, just tired."
Jungkook nods, most days Taehyung was fine. He could wake up and smile and laugh with Jungkook, help with the animals, and farm and talk freely. Every now and then there was a day when he was withdrawn, a gray cloud over his head as he thought about the family and people he had left behind.
"They said it's big news today," Jungkook stands and holds out a hand to Taehyung, "Let's go find out what it is."
Taehyung nods, still sleepy, but puts his hand in Jungkook's and follows him out into the large main room of the cabin.
"You're up! I'm glad, here, eat while Yoongi cleans the horse," Hoseok places a bowl of some sort of porridge in Taehyung's hands and spins away, back to the small kitchen area.
Taehyung stares at the bowl, still half asleep, and Jungkook chuckles, taking a seat next to him on the padded bench.
"Just one bite at a time, Hyung," Jungkook says, lifting a half-full spoon to Taehyung's mouth.
Taehyung smiles and open's his mouth, letting Jungkook feed him the porridge.
Yoongi comes in several minutes later and stops to talk to his husband before they both join the others.
"I heard some good thing's from my contact today," Yoongi says lightly, letting Hoseok press another bowl into his hands.
Jungkook sits forward on the bench as Taehyung finally seems to wake up, looking at Yoongi in anticipation.
"The spy network is finally prepared to execute a plan, it's a very well put together plan. They will be able to get the right people into place to remove the general and the price of Artelia who are currently in the palace. The only thing they are missing is essentially, you, Taehyung."
Jungkook turns to Taehyung, already worried about how successful this plan would be. Taehyung's eyes bulge as he looks at Yoongi, "Why?"
"They need to put someone on the throne, and they can't use anyone from Samiline, they know you are still alive and need to put you in place to encourage the people of your country to help fight the Artelia army."
"This can't be safe!" Jungkook is almost out of his seat, thumbnail between his teeth.
Yoongi grimaces, "Of course, it's not safe, but this is war Jungkook. There are people in your country who are suffering under the Artelia royals, and they need your help. Taehyung's help, as their prince."
Jungkook stands, anger surging along with the anxiety, but Taehyung puts a hand on his arm.
"Kookie, all my life, Seokjin let me do whatever I wanted. He let me live in peace and didn't make me attend any royal training if I didn't want to. He let me paint and be artistic. I can't let him down now that he's gone. It's my duty to serve the people, I have to do anything I can to help them."
"Taehyung, You can't be serious! What if you die? Then you won't be able to help anyone! And I can't lose you now that I have you!" Jungkook sits back down next to his boyfriend, distraught.
Taehyung takes his hand, "I have to, Kook. I was born into the royal family, and I can't just ignore the responsibility that comes along with that totally and status."
Jungkook wilts into the bench, knowing that nothing he says will change Taehyung's mind once he's decided something.
"Taehyung, the people would be so proud to have a leader like you, you will make a fantastic king," Hoseok says with a kind smile.
Taehyung nods, "What do we do now? What's the next step?"
Yoongi clears his throat and pulls out a book from his riding vest, "In here is everything that has been passed to me through the spy network, it's a lot so we are going to be here for a while."
Taehyung nods handing his mostly empty porridge bowl to Hoseok and leans forward on the bench, ready.