Ch.20: Christmas Eve

I slowly awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and a light knock on my door.

"Y/n? May I come in?" Draco asked from behind the door.

"Huh? Yeah.. come in." I said groggily.

Draco opened the door and walked in, he held a small box under his arm and quickly shut the door behind him. When the door was shut his posture changed to be more relaxed as he approached the bed.

I crawled out and rubbed my eyes, I knew I looked like a mess but I didn't exactly care too much.

"God, you're a disaster. Here put on the clothes that are in this box. You have to look presentable at all times when you're here." Draco sighed.

I reached for the box while I rolled my eyes and pulled out a black button up and black trousers along with a dark green bow tie. The outfit matched Draco's but instead he wore a tie.

"Hey uh.. are you going to turn around?" I mumble.

Draco's face turns red as he turns to the corner. I didn't want to keep him waiting so I pulled off my pajamas and dressed into the new clothes as fast as I could. But I was worried when I got to the bow tie, I never learned how to tie it.

"Draco?"
"Yes? What is it?"
"Can you help me?"
"What? If you still need help getting dressed you must be incompetent!"
"No dumbass, help me with the bow tie!" I laughed.

He turned around and his eyes wandered all around me, it was kind of weird but I paid it no mind. He walked up to snatch the bow tie from my hands and flipped up my collar. He wrapped the tie around my neck and started to make the knot. I could feel my face heat up with how close he was to me.

When he was done I walked over to the box and pulled out the black shoes that accompanied the outfit and slid them on after I put on some black socks. The two of us walked to a mirror and adjusted anything and everything, I'd say we look really nice together.

Draco and I walked out of the room and our postures quickly stiffened while we walked down the halls to the living room. The high rise ceilings felt familiar, I couldn't figure out where I recognized it from.

The two of us sat down on the couch.

"Mother and Father are currently having a meeting in the ballroom. In the meantime we have to wait... though, maybe you'll get to meet some of my family when they are done." His tone was blank and his face was expressionless.

All I could do was nod my head in response, I haven't been around it much but I hate when he acts like this. I can tell that it's because of his parents but it's annoying.

"So..." I awkwardly said.
"So.?"
"What do you do for fun around here?"
"I read.. I guess"
"You guess? Alright Mr Boring, get up, we are going to have fun"
"What?"
"I said get up!" I grab his wrist and pull him up to drag him out of the front door.

I look around and spot the woods nearby. While still holding onto his wrist I ran to the rot iron gate.

"Y/n, we can't leave. It's locked." Draco said annoyed.

"Since when has a gate ever stopped us from doing anything stupid?" I gave him a side eye.

Before he could respond I began to climb over it quickly. When I got to the top I was careful not to get poked by the spikes and I jumped off. I landed on my feet and motioned for him to follow.

He seemed hesitant and scared, probably for what his parents would say. He looked down and sighed.
"You're going to get me killed."

He began to climb the same way I did and landed on the ground with a thud. Both of us bolted for the woods with huge smiles on our faces. We made it behind some trees to catch our breaths and the second we did we started laughing our asses off.

"What time do your parents get out of that meeting so we can sneak back in?" I asked.

"In about two or three hours? Give or take?" He replied.

The two of us slumped down onto the snowy floor and began to talk and reminisce on the school year. We talked about our plans after the holiday and we both agreed that poking fun at Harry Potter would be a good source of entertainment.

We giggled and laughed for hours and almost lost track of the time, eventually it was time to run back to the Manor to attend Lunch with his family. We climbed over the fence and snuck in through the front door. We readjusted our clothes and wiped off any snow that was left on our shoulders and hair.

The two of us entered the dining room. We got there before the meeting was over so we had to wait, luckily it wasn't long till they joined us.

For the most part we ate in silence, until Lucious decided to break the ice.
"How are you doing by the way Y/n?"

"I'm good.. why do you ask?"
"I can't imagine it is easy being you... with your situation."

"Lucious!" Cried Draco's Mother.
"What? I'm behind honest" He snapped back.

"Y/n, may I ask you something personal? What happened to your family?" Draco chimed in.

The table got quiet, His mom seemed shocked and Lucious glared at him. I didn't say anything, it really isn't a subject I enjoy talking about but before I could answer honestly... his dad answered for me.

"His Father killed his Mother and is now in Azkaban. We told you this years ago when you first met the boy." He said coldly.

"Oh.. I mean I knew she died but I didn't know that.." Draco looked down.

"How much longer is his sentence?" Asked Narcissa.

".. I don't actually know. But I miss him." I mumbled.

A silence once again hit the group. We all ate our food quietly but the room began to freeze. Candles blew out and I noticed that Draco seemed very frightened. His parents looked worried and concerned but I felt oddly comfortable. Freezing temperatures and eerie vibes are the signs of My Lord being nearby.

Maybe he was going to tell me something? Or give me a new task?

"Excuse us, we have some.. more business to attend to. We will see you tomorrow first thing in the morning." His parents said as they rushed out of the room.

I peered over at Draco who was looking down and was obviously disturbed.

"Would you like to grab some tea and hangout in my room?" I poked at him.

He only nodded. We got up as I made us some tea. He went towards my room and a house elf kept bugging me to let him do it. I still refused. When I was done I carried the two cups down the hall but stopped at a large door when I heard whispers behind it.

I couldn't make out what was being said but most of the voices were recognizable. Draco's parents.. a woman I don't know and... My Lord. I've never actually seen his face but maybe I'd be able to sometime soon.

I continued walking to my room and caught Draco laying on his side on the bed. I set the tea down on the table beside him, he was asleep. I could feel myself wanting to take a nap but I know it definitely would be weird to sleep next to him.

I looked outside and saw the sun lowering. Sighing, I peeked my head outside my door and called for the house elf.

"Hey, could you help me with something?"

The elf came running my way and stepped into the room cautiously.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.
"Could you help me bring him to his room and change him into pajamas?" I asked.

With a quick nod the elf took Draco away with magic and took care of him. I climbed into my own pajamas and grabbed the present for Draco. I quickly ran towards the living room and set the present at the base of his Christmas tree. I rushed back up to my room and climbed into my bed.

I spent the majority of time thinking about the quick day I had. Eventually I fell asleep in the warm bed.