chapter fifty-six

Emriana

"Why do we have to wear these clothes?" Zeke whined in distaste, watching himself in the mirror and tugging his shirt.

"It's for the experience!" I laughed, and Drakkar rolled his eyes, amused. Zander walked out of the dressing room while rolling the cuffs of his shirt.

The dark jacket had a narrow, round neckline, which revealed part of the rough shirt he wore below it. Although it looked decent in the shop, Zander had a way of making the clothes seem much more pleasing. They fitted him like a glove. The black pants stretched around his muscles as he moved toward me.

"Liking what you see, angel?" He teased as he caught me staring. He lowered himself to my left, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he pulled me closer to his side.

"Maybe," I whispered, and he squeezed my shoulder.

His hot breath hit the side of my ear, creating goosebumps on my skin. "Good to know."

"I look like a peasant,"

My gaze shifted to Zeke, my eyes widening as he turned to face me. The loose beige shirt he wore stuck to him like a second skin while being looser around the arms. The front was open and pulled shut by laces, but he had to undo some of them because of his size, leaving a part of his lean chest exposed to the eyes. The baggy brown pants didn't look baggy as they fitted him too perfectly.

"Fuck that. I'll look like a peasant any-fucking-day if I can get her to look at me like this," Zeke exclaimed as he walked over to us and sank into the sofa, stealing a quick kiss from my lips before grabbing my hand into his lap.

"Do you need to swear so much?" I said to him, although the questions applied very well to the two others in the room.

"I don't know. It's more fun...don't you think, princess?" he teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope," I watched Drakkar finish tying up his leather belt. He was so hot with the jacket that he had decided only to wear the rough grey shirt below, which looked too good on his body. As he walked around the room, I couldn't stop my eyes from lingering on the poor fabric around his biceps that looked moment from ripping. He wore similar pants to Zeke; like the two others, he had black leather boots.

Our gazes met, and he gave me a playful wink, resulting in me blushing from head to toe. I turned to the two others, who were already looking at me.

"If you're ready, we can go," I said before looking around the room for the tiger.

"Akira," I called and spotted the animal lazily looking my way, waking up from his too many naps. He made his way toward me, and I bent down to kiss his soft fur.

"You're the prettiest boy in the entire world. Oh yes, you are!" I cooed at him as I ruffled his fur quickly, earning a low satisfied purr from his side. I kissed his face repeatedly, and he licked my face in response.

"Okay, that's enough," Drakkar took my hand and pulled me away from the animal.

"Hey!" I glared at him, but he didn't even seem fazed as we walked toward the main part of the castle.

"Remind me why we're doing this," Zander groaned, and I smiled at his grumpiness.

"Because you three must socialize with normal people," I explained as I squeezed Zander's larger hand.

"I never said yes to this," Zeke looked offended.

"You didn't have to, I said yes for you," I sent him a playful wink like he always does, and his frown faded into a grin.