4

"My lady, would you prefer the olive colored napkins or the eggshell?"

"My lady, we must practice your speech for the ball before 2 o'clock else you won't have time for your meeting with the prime minister."

"My lady are you even listening to me?"

My eyes lazily fall onto the petite brunette woman in front of me, her hands clutching a clip board and frustration showing clearly on her face. I quickly straighten my back and clear my throat, realizing how rude I've been while she's been talking.

"I apologize, Meredith, it's just been such a long week." I sigh, letting my face fall into my hands. My honeycomb colored hair falling in tendrils out of the once prim bun that sat atop my head this morning. Meetings and preparations and last minute tastings of the menu had my hair frizzing and my brain fried.

"I understand my lady, but these things must be done." Meredith said, gently putting her clipboard down and coming to my side to lay her hand on my shoulder. Meredith started training as my mothers secretary months before her death, we were near the same age and my mother thought that maybe we'd be friends, but we barely spent time together until my mothers passing. Now she's my secretary.

I look up to her, smiling slightly and patting her hand. "Thank you for being here for me and not dropping me like a hot pan." I say quietly. She laughs lightly and shakes her head, letting her hand drop and dusts her grey pants off.

"You're very welcome my lady, I find it quite amusing to work for you. Besides, your mother spoke very fondly of you and how strong willed you are, how great you would be at running the kingdom when the time came. I have no doubt in my mind that she spoke the truth." She said earnestly, her freckled pale face glowing with a big smile.  "Now, time to get you in that dressing room and out of that pants suit."

~

After a relaxing bubble bath that didn't last long enough, and a waxing session that honestly took way too long, I was smooth as a baby bum and smelled of roses. And ready for my gown.

I made my way towards my 360° mirror, dropping my towel on the way, and stood there for a moment.

This is it.

This is the night I'm presented as the new Luna.

The night I step into my mothers petite shoes, the ones that hold the weight of the world. She thought herself atlas for she held the sky for us, now without her the sky crumbles.

Footsteps approached my dressing room door quickly. I snap out of my reverie and grab my robe, pulling it around me and quickly spinning around.

Someone clears their throat, a man by the sound.

"My lady, I was sent by your father to fetch you–"

"I do apologize but I'm underdressed at the moment you'll just have to send word I'm not ready yet." I stutter out, my face now completely red because of how I'm caught. A man has caught me in my dressing robes, how embarrassing.

My wolf stirs slightly, clearly up in arms about someone barging into the private quarters of the soon to be new Luna. I take a deep breath to calm her and myself so I may speak to the intruder.

"How bold you are to intrude on your new Luna..." I say rather loudly and spin around to confront him, but by then the door is closed and the man outside of my dressing room is gone.

                         ~

"My lady, you are stunning." Meredith says, her eyes lighting up and her face breaking out into a big smile. She was a sight herself. Her brown hair was done half up and half down, the hair that was left down is curled. Her dress is dark blue, the color I will contribute to our flag, and is floor length with silver decorum on the right shoulder and across the waist.