3

2 weeks later

I hadn't meant for it to happen. To accept the invitation, of course, I loved Talya and I had become more involved with the pack since my title of future pack doctor got out. But these types of things weren't for me. As I slipped on my boots I read the letter one last time:

Bonfire March 12 7 pm @ Ashford's Green

Just a simple basic understanding of where, when, and what. But it still was an invitation to a pretty big party. I wasn't the only one exaggerating either, when Talya sent me the invite Faith and Luke went crazy over it.

"How are you friends with Talya Volkov?" Luke demanded through the phone.

"And what kina party?" Faith added. Only a few seconds after I told them, they were convinced it was some sort of rude prank, and that she was bullying me. Faith was ready to beat her up. Sometimes it was a blessing Faith couldn't stand very well without being in pain. She's terrifying as is. Of course when I told her that two years ago she nearly broke my nose with a punch.

"Guys." I stopped them from going online and finding Talya. "She's a family friend, her mom probably just wanted her to drop off a note to give to my family." I rolled over on bed, stretching my arms out. "I'll be fine. Now any more questions? Anyone?" Just a sigh came from my phone. "Great I'll be on my ay to go get ready."

"Send pics!" Luke shouted into the mic. I cringed away from my phone.

"Wll do,  bye love ya!"

"Bitch really isn't going to invite us." I rolled m eyes at her comment and then hung up. I would love to invite them, but if it was close to our pack borders and she invited me, then it was probably a lycan exclusive event. They'd live though.

 I tied the straps of my boots and did one last check in the mirror, I didn't bother to get too fancy but I did put on makeup just to cover the bags under my eyes from staying up all night studying for finals. Plus the major breakout I got from all the junk food I consumed whilst studying for finals. No wonder models drop out of school.

"Please be safe," Mom whispered when I met her downstairs, she didn't tell Dad. Not yet at least, their mate bond and lycan sense of smell made it hard for them to lie to each other. But she swore to keep the secret tonight just so I could go out without his barring.

"Please be back by midnight. I'll accept twelve-thirty but no later."

"Ok, thanks." She gave me a kiss on my forehead before I headed out and hopped into her car. I had little driving experience, but I tried driving more so I could get more confident when I began living on my own after graduation. Something I decided I was going to do, despite Alpha Neo's commands on me being pack doctor. 

I sent Talya a quick text letting her know I'd be there then blasted Phoebe Bridgers. It was just one of those nights.

I finally pulled up to the parking lot that connected to the park. I noticed Talya under a tree immediately. Her long blonde hair slicked back into a ponytail, with tons of leather attire. "Talya!" I called out once I got out of the car and locked it, doing a quick bag check to make sure I had everything.

"Only an hour late." She joked.

"You know my dad." I lied, trying to hide the fact that I had a panic attack right before. 

"Ok, fair point." We walked down the trail, a line of smoke slithering up into the clouds above marking the exact spot we were headed to.

"Who planned this?" I had to scream in her ear over the music.