A Jedi Wedding Part 1: Meet the Parents...Again

The wedding was only two days away now, everyone was so excited.

Padme, Anakin, and the children arrived at a home that was familiar to the adults, but new to the children. Gabby couldn't remember the place very well, but she knew this was where the Naberrie family lived.

Gabby was very excited to see her grandparents, and this was the first time they would meet Boba, and the horses.

However, one member of the family was particularly nervous. Boba.

After adopting him, Padme and Anakin sent pictures to the Naberries, just like they sent of Gabby as she was growing up. And when Ruwee, Padme's father, insisted that they go stay with them before the wedding, Padme accepted happily. Her parents were ecstatic to see how much their youngest granddaughter had grown, as well as to meet their first grandson.

The speeder soon arrived at the Naberrie household.

"Well, here we are." said Anakin. He was first to exit the vehicle, helping his bride out first and then getting the kids. But, Boba was hiding under the hood of his blue jacket, feeling pretty shy. Even after almost three months of living with the Skywalkers, meeting new friends, and being swarmed by the paparazzi, Boba still wasn't used to the new lifestyle.

"Don't be nervous, Big Brother." Gabby said. "You're gonna love Grandma and Grandpa. They're the best. Just watch out when they get affectionate. They were all over me last time."

"Are you sure they're gonna like me?" Boba said.

"They'll love you, Sweetie." Padme said. "They're really looking forward to meeting you."

The Skywalker family arrived at the Naberrie house, and they were happily greeted by Padme's parents Jobal and Ruwee.

"Padme! We've missed you so much." Jobal gave her daughter a hug and kiss.

"I've missed you too, Mom." Padme smiled. "Daddy."

"Here's my little girl." Ruwee held his daughter dearly. "And here he is, the man who won my girl's heart."

"Mr. and Mrs. Naberrie. Good to see you again." Anakin said.

"Anakin, Ruwee and Jobal is how you may address us. You're family now."

After losing his mother, Anakin never grew used to the idea of calling anyone else 'Mom', and because he never had a father, he wasn't sure how he felt about calling anyone 'Dad'.

"Hi, Grandma. Hi, Grandpa." Gabby greeted, running to get a hug from her grandparents.

"Is this the little princess?" Ruwee said, picking up his granddaughter and giving her a big hug.

"It sure is." Anakin said. "Three years old already, and still growing."

"She's gotten so big since we last saw her, Padme." Jobal said, and then she noticed the boy hiding a little behind Padme. "And this must be our new grandson."

"Mom, Dad..." Padme said, coercing Boba out. "This is Boba. Boba, this is my father Ruwee and my mother Jobal."

"Don't be shy, buddy." said Anakin, giving Boba a gentle push. Remix also gave Boba a nudge with his muzzle.

"Let us get a good look at you, boy." Ruwee said.

Boba took a couple slow steps toward his adoptive grandparents. He still wasn't quite used to having a big family, and needed time to adjust. Of course, Padme's parents were very happy to meet him and welcome him to the family.

"You are even more adorable than I imagined," smiled Jobal, gently caressing Boba's face. "Such a handsome young man."

"Don't forget us." Carousella said.