/ The tale of the hopeless

YOU ARE A PARAGON OF DOOM, a harbinger of suffering since the moment you let your first scream. It has barely been moments since you are born, and your mother slips off a cliff — your twin fading with her. Some say that the queen was tired from the overbearing pain of childbirth and some whisper the vicious dismal of the credibility of the enemy turned queen. You were merely a child in your grandmother's arms, frail from the battle as the lashes of resentment start creeping up the ivy of doubts around your tender, innocent heart, forced to harden soon enough. You see the minister influence the king, whose heart hardens upon the sight of you, unable to face the reminder of the loss, the deception. You're like your mother, said the dowager queen before she had breathed her last, leaving you alone and all by yourself.

There is an air of grandeur all around the kingdom as you witness your father get a new wife, handpicked by the minister (A part of you could never acknowledge him as family, as a premature warning sign probably? One's mind speaks itself, you believe), and within a year, you are told you are now a sister, an air of responsibility soon entering your breaths. Turning six summers you swore to protect your infant brother when the new queen blesses you (Accepts you as her own, despite the poisonous words whispered by all, but you weren't able to call her mother.)

Seasons change over the years, and so do you, seeing the minister's sly tricks in the court as he mercilessly steals from the poor in the name of the king. You're like your mother, the voice of the dead dowager queen echoes in your head when you open your mouth to bring out the injustices in front of your father (And a hopeful part wishes to be closer, to burn the broken bridges and start anew) but the council goes against you, you seeing the proceedings itself causing havoc many but the change was needed. You realized it as a mere teenager, a girl influenced by her emotions. A liability, the council had shunned you as so — old wounds still fresh. Your heart loses its will, a feeling of betrayal gripping it. You are angry and full of rage as you storm into the library, a haven for you when everything in your life had gone the wrong way and it started when the minister, in the guise of a caring uncle (A peculiar nausea creeps towards your spine at the mention of him) started poisoning your kid brother's mind with nothing but hatred and a penchant for bloodlust.

But you had once made an oath as a girl who had her heart filled with glee. An oath that you do not ever intend to break. You try your best, to save your brother's childhood from the clutches of that monster who had ruined your own. You hide from the eyes of the kingdom, who had already declared you a traitor — like her harlot of a mother, you could hear the murmurs of the folks, the subtle taunts ringing in your head as you tried your best to suppress them but, failed to do so. So you bear those words like whips on naked skin, with scars that run deep into your very being. What was the point of it all, if all your hard work came out to be meaningless with suffering arriving to welcome you?

But when the sky falls apart whole, as it opens a void, demanding to consume you whole, will you still be alone?

PRESENTING       !!