9 ⌁ Sasuke

A/N In this chapter Sasuke (accepts his fate and) really quickly evolves from the quietly judging emo bastard to a not-so-qietly judging, drama-loving brat

Why? Because he's a little shit, that's why. 

"Naruto Uzumaki you are hereby placed under arrest by SHIELD." Handcuffs snapped close around Sasuke's wrists with a quiet click!. The dark-skinned man--who had been introduced as Fury--regarded him with a bored stare from one lone eye.  

Sasuke let his gaze wander over the mechanical constructions that filled the room and watched from the corner of his eye as Loki was led away by a dozen agents in black suits, before he shifted his attention to Director Fury and the woman at his side. 

Sasuke 'hn'ed. 

Fury, a frown forming on his face, instructed two men of middle age to take Sasuke 'into custody' with a wave of his hand. They shuffled towards him but stopped dead in their tracks at Sasuke's icy glare. 

"Director, hm?", Sasuke said, rubbing his wrists, "I see." the agents visibly backed away and fumbled for their fire weapons; a faint smile played on Sasuke's lips. 

He held his palms up and handed the only slightly damaged handcuffs (that he had naturally removed from his wrists) back to Fury.  " I can walk on my own"

The silence was heavy. Fury furrowed his brows at the broken bounds. 

A weird coughing noise rang out that sounded dangerously like Stark choking down a laugh. 

Sasuke felt Rogers' hand tighten around his arm hard--the man didn't seem about to let go anytime soon. The silence dragged out and he began to ask himself why exactly he was here again. 

Right...for the show

The Director lifted his head and the stare-battle that went down between Rogers, Fury and suddenly also Stark was weirdly amusing to watch. 

Sasuke was here for the show, and for some kind of challenge

Because he had by now realised, that interacting with all those chakra-lacking beings was like stepping on ants

Sasuke's eyes still flickered from face to face, imprinting every single one of them into his mind. They were unimportant, but he wouldn't risk being surprised by any of them. 

Rogers turned away from the wall of agents and attempted something that looked like a defiant exit. Sasuke threw a bored look around a last time and strolled after the blond man. 

He felt Stark and Natasha quickly following behind. 

Fury let them go. 

The corridors were narrow and full of turns and corners, clearly designed to confuse intruders.