10 ⌁ Natasha

Soo...I apologize. But you know how it is, life is getting in the way. And i'm stressed, even though that's not like me. Also this story is going so slowly i could cry.

That aside, I've received several questions about NYL being discontinued and every time I'm just like "dude nooo, i'm just slow u guys i'm tryna keep up w too many stories.'

SO please have patience, I'm juggling five ongoing stories here on wattpad, more than six actual real live novels (all of them wip), school and 'social life'; while STILL being a lazy ass and spending more than 5 hours a day on my couch.

(Back to this chapter-- it didn't go where I wanted it to like at all, but whatever lmao, who cares anymore, right?)

Natasha wouldn't say she had taken a liking to the boy. She was interested, yes, but in a curious, cautious and very distant way.

She was aware of the threat he posed, aware of the danger he radiated despite being a kid. Some people were dangerous regardless of their age; Natasha knew. She had been a very dangerous child herself.

So, the chill that ran up her spine as she watched Naruto hover over Dr. Banner-despite being the smaller one of the two--wasn't to be taken lightly.

Natasha was more than conscious of the daggers underneath her clothing and of the time it would take her to reach for them. She was fast and skilled, and did not underestimate herself, nor her enemies.

If Naruto took to hurting her team, he became the enemy. Right now, he was an unknown factor. She took a protective step forward.

"How'd you get it, your monster?", Naruto's strange accent mixed with the unfamiliar turn his voice took, now, the second time he seemed to be genuinely interested in something. (She clearly remembered the way his head had tilted, mouthing the word, a hawk-like glint in his eyes. "Tesseract?")

"Gamma Rays," the doctor said curtly. He didn't seem very confident but wasn't backing down either.

Natasha almost felt bad for being surprised at Bruce's somewhat steady voice.

Naruto wasn't one to show obvious emotions, they all had gathered that much, but now his brows were creasing visibly. The raven-haired boy leaned back a few inches, eyes deliberately scanning Bruce's figure. His face seemed to scream 'bored'.

"You should introduce us some time," Naruto said after a while, and for half a second his eyes flicked towards the door.

"I- I don't think that's going to be possible" Bruce answered very truthfully. The Hulk was a dangerous creature. Even though Bruce was not to blame for its actions, Natasha knew he was holding himself responsible.

Suddenly, the door was pushed upon, slamming against the wall. Natasha had a hand on her thigh holster, head whipping around, the moment a chunk of metal flew past her and buried itself into the wall that was opposite to the door.

It was a hammer with leather rapping and strange runes--Thor. The blond giant of a man strode across the room towards Naruto, his face contorting in fury. Bruce backed away, Natasha narrowed her eyes and she saw the twitch of muscle a second before it happened.

Then Thor's hand was wrapped around the boy's throat, lifting him several feet off the ground. Naruto looked displeased, but more in annoyance than in distress...Just what was this kid?

"What did you do to my brother?!" Thor roared suddenly, face contorted in anger.

Naruto stared down at the man and glared from his dark eyes.

"Let go," His voice was icy.

No reaction followed, so Naruto's hand wandered upwards, dropping on Thor's to cover the god's fingers. Then with a flick of the boy's wrist a crunching crack! rang out. Natasha cringed.

Thor grunted lowly, his index finger was now twisted in a very unnatural angle. But he didn't let go, instead repeating his question:

"What. did you do. to my brother, mortal?"

"It's just a little of his own medicine," Naruto said as he started prying Thor's fingers off his neck one by one.

When he finally dropped to the ground and Thor didn't make any attempt to stop him, he rolled his head and shoulders to all sides and straightened.

"I need to talk to him anyways," Naruto mused and was out the door the next second.

Natasha was a very perceptive woman, with decades of training and a will of steel and it didn't take much out of her to follow behind the boy silently. If he noticed wasn't of her concern, she just needed to watch him e̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶l̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶, because every second he was out of her sight sent cautious shivers down her spine.

Natasha trusted in her own abilities to keep herself save and as far as she was informed, the other 'Avengers' were capable of the same. It is important to have trust, she reminded herself. Just as important as clearing out every unknown variable, deciphering every hidden danger and watching whoever seemed to escape her view.

She knew the Helicarrier better than Naruto, by far, but he was determinedly strolling down the hallways, never questioning a single turn and slowly, they made their way towards the cell block with the highest security level available.

Not just any cell block either, the cell. The one built for something incredibly mighty, something that was slumbering in the subconsciousness of Bruce Banner.

Natasha was certain that Loki would have a hard time escaping from The Hulk's cell, even as a demigod.

The gate to the airlock which secured the entrance to the cell's control area was guarded by two agents in the usual SHIELD uniforms and Natasha quickened her steps at the thought of them getting in Naruto's way.

They were armed and he wasn't (as far as she knew), sure, but Naruto was a dangerous kid. A kid that jumped from buildings, surviving the fall without a scratch, a kid that stood up against what might be the most powerful people on earth without any fear or care, a kid that broke the fingers of a god while waring the expression of a saint. (Even though Natasha knew, breaking fingers wasn't an issue, quite the opposite, it was laughably easy-)

Either way, she wasn't taking risks on these agents' behalf, so she hurried past Naruto-faintly surprised as he let her through-and flashed her ID at the agent in front who's own tag read 'Sanchez'.

One advantage of being one of SHIELD's most capable agents was the crazy high number representing her own security clearance and rank-a number that made most people dizzy.

Sanchez hesitated only a moment before unlocking the first of several gates leading towards the cell.

Naruto pushed past her with not much of a thank you as the doors slid aside.
Natasha attached the ID to her belt again, and followed behind him.

At the moment she wasn't sure what would come out of this, because variables were unpredictable and not easily solved. But she knew she could stand her ground, if things went to shit.

Natasha wasn't usually making spontaneous decisions-she valued the life she'd built from nothing but ashes, and she wouldn't throw it away for anything in the world.

But the point stood and above all she wanted to know a little more about the boy and his reasons.

The Black Widow had become curious.

Hope u enjoyed, if not shut up i tried. (sorry im tired)
See you whenever. Hopefully before the end of march.