𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

Senna's P.O.V.

I spent the last two days trying to organize everything in London. Somehow, I managed to be calm during those 48 hours. It didn't look like one of my biggest dreams was coming true. Whoever saw me probably thought that I was not excited. I swear I was, and I still am. Maybe it was the fact that this does not look real that made me so calm. Even right now, sitting in Julian's private plane, on my way to Bahrain, it still doesn't look real. Sometimes you dream of something for so long that when it finally comes your subconscious has a hard time believing that is finally here.

The plane landed and I felt like I could breathe again after 7 hours in the clouds. We are here. It's real.

Even though the sun was already setting, the weather was still warm, completely different from the cold London at this time of the year.

On our way to the hotel, we saw the track and I could only think that tomorrow I would be there, living thousands of people's dreams. A few fans and photographers were waiting at the hotel and it wasn't for us, obviously. There was only one possible explanation and as soon as we got into the hotel, Julian confirmed my guess.

"Some drivers are staying in this hotel as well, but we are not allowed to approach them."

"Sure, okay." - I nodded.

"You should get some rest. The day starts early tomorrow."

"Of course. Good night, Julian."

He handed me my room key and the elevator stopped on my floor. Before the elevator's doors could close, my boss called me one more time.

"Welcome to Bahrain."

I smiled as I watched him disappear behind those doors.

My luggage was already in my room so the only thing I had to worry about was finding it. I managed to do that quickly. While I walked to my room, I couldn't help but notice someone getting inside the room in front of mine. I didn't see much but I did notice it was a male, wearing red clothes.
The thoughts about my "neighbor" flew away the moment I stepped inside my room. At that moment, there was nothing else on my mind, just the thought that this weekend was going to be special.

***

Julian's driver left us in the parking lot and we made our way to the paddock. I was fascinated by the place.
F1 is more than drivers and team principals. Hundreds of people walk around the paddock and make sure that is okay for the big moment. They give up moments with their loved ones to be here. As an international student, I can assure you that is not easy to be away from those we love the most. However, we need to make sacrifices to get where we want.

"What happens now?" - I questioned while we were walking around the paddock.

"We have a couple of hours until the press conference." - he opened a random door and we entered an empty small room - "We can stay here and revise our questions."

"Sounds good."

"You'll be going to the drivers' press conference and I'll be in the one with the teams' principals. They are not at the same time but there is a short amount of time between them so I'm not going with you, you'll be on your own."

That was a huge responsibility. I have been to a press conference before with Louis but only to support him and take notes. Now I was going to be the one in the spotlight, with no one by my side.