FOURTEEN.

Michael B. Jordan

"...May you never find peace for what you did to my friend" Steelo read the message out loud.

Immediately after I got the message I ran to Steelo's place. I didn't know what to make of it.I mean,is it a prank?is it some kind of sick joke someone is trying to pull on me?Man! I'm confused.

"Mike,man. Tell me this isn't true tell me that you didn't dump the poor girl knowing that she's pregnant" my best friend said,giving a disappointed look.

" Of course not,man! Come on,you know me.I'm not the type of person... I just,I don't understand,was she really pregnant?why didn't she tell me?" I roughly rubbed my hands on my face out of frustration.

"I tried calling her on my way here she blocked me everywhere,I don't know what to do" I added

"I mean,I'd block you too..." He said,but quickly shut up after seeing the look I gave him.

"Well,just call the number that sent the message. That's her friend,right?"

"Right"

Lethabo Mokoena

Sego and I were watching one of our favorite shows,HGTV's Battle on the Beach,when my phone startled us with an incoming call

"Can you please take that in your room?I wanna hear which team won" Sego said without taking her eyes off the TV.

I quickly grabbed my phone and answered it as I closed my bedroom door.

"Hellooo" I said without checking the caller ID

"Hi. Sorry,who am I talking to?" A deep voice responded

I rolled my eyes "Sir,you're the one that called me"

"And you're the one that sent me a message. Are you Lesego's friend? And what kind of joke is this about her having a miscarriage?Lesego wasn't pregnant"

I instantly froze,taking the phone away from my ear to check the caller ID,I saw it was an unsaved number then it hit me that I was talking to Sego's baby daddy.

"I-um..." I cleared my throat,trying to form a sentence.

"Hello?Are you going to give me an answer or should I call my lawyer and sue you?"

"NO! YES! Um...sorry,yes. Lesego was 5months pregnant,she had a miscarriage a few days ago" I finally managed to say

"WHAT??"

"Yes and I sent that message to let you know that you ruined my best friends life and now you're getting married to someone else?You're one selfish son of a b*tch and I hope you burn in hell!" I shouted through the phone and hung up before he could respond.

I took a few deep breathes to gather myself before I opened the door,only to bump into Lesego standing there.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" She shouted at me,tears forming in her eyes. I have never seen her this angry before.

"Sego,listen..." I said as calmly as possible,but before I could even finish my sentence I felt a painful slap across my face

"HOW COULD DO THIS TO ME?WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TELL HIM?" She continued.

Tears fell down my face as I was trying to understand what just happened,I've never seen her like this. I can't believe my best friend just slapped me.

"Why can't you just mind your business?Heh Lethabo?WHY?"

She took her phone and keys and stormed out.

***

A few hours passed and Lesego still hadn't come back home. I called Tumi and let her know what had happened and she told me she'd be here in a few days.

Less than 10 minutes after I got off the call with Tumi,Lesego walked in. We stared at each other for a while.

"I'm sorry" We both said at the same time.

"Sego-"

"No,Lee. I'm sorry,I shouldn't have slapped you. I should've never ever raised my hand at you. I know that I've been distant and moody,all because of something I brought upon myself- I hate this feeling and when I heard you talking to him,my heart broke.I realized that I was so selfish for not telling Michael about our baby,I was upset that he went back to his  girlfriend. Even more upset that I still love him. And I'm mostly for keeping all this from you and I promise to be a better friend to you"

A tear fell down my face,my heart broke for my best friend,but I know we can get through this together.

"I'm apologize for telling him without your permission, just that seeing you so broken and alone, when he should've been there for you. I just acted without thinking. You know I don't like seeing you cry"

"I know,I love you"

"I love you too,Friend "

We towards each other and shared a tight hug.

Michael B. Jordan

"Babe,are you okay?"
"Yea-yeah,I'm fine. Just thinking about this new movie we're shooting"

I am currently having lunch with my fiancé,but I can't get the whole thing with Lesego off my mind. I have so many questions. Like, why did she not tell me?Would our baby still be here if I knew?

But most importantly, what do I do now?

I shook my head in an attempt to get this off my mind and focus on Lori.

***

I got in bed next to Lori after taking a long shower,Lesego still heavy on my mind. I felt like I was going crazy.

Maybe if I make love to Lori right now,I'll get my mind right.

I pulled her closer to me,rubbing her ass. She looked up at then pulled on my beard and kissed me. I grabbed on her neck and deepened the kiss and just as fast she straddled me,taking off the baggy t-shirt she was wearing,revealing her breasts and the rest of her naked body.

Usually this would turn me on,because I love it when a woman takes charge,but right now I don't know what's going on.

I smacked her ass then squeezed it. Making her lower her lips to mine then I smacked it again,I know she loves it when I do that.
But still,nothing!

Nothing seems to turn me on,my mind keeps going back to Sego and our baby.

Lori is not gonna like this,but there's nothing I can do about it. I broke the kiss even though I could feel how wet she is.

"Babe"

"Hmm" She tried to stay in the moment

"I just remembered that I haven't started practicing my script" I lied,quickly pushing her off me and standing up

"What?Babe,you're not about leave me like this for a damn script"

"I'm sorry" Was all I said as I rushed out of our room to my office,locking the door. I felt bad for doing this to her.

But even though I didn't know before,I lost a baby.

________________________________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!

And for reading❤