2. Beauty for Hire

Definition of Psychopath:
a mentally unstable person especiallya person having an egocentric and antisocial personality marked by a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and often criminal tendencies

Tessa

"Okay I'm being nice, I'll let you choose, right or left."

The man whimpered, shaking like a leaf, probably pissing his pants off by the smell of it. I stood to his front, clicking the steel cutter waiting for him to choose which pinkie finger he was going to let me cut.

Ted, the sleazy bartender decided he can steal liquor from his boss Ardian Kreshnik Dovolani, the Albanian mob boss from one of the ruthless crime families in the country. The newly hired bartender didn't know who he was messing with, and the boss didn't take lightly to people who stole from him. Ted thought stealing two crates of top-shelf liquor will just get him sacked and went to jail for a couple of months. The pale-looking guy was desperate for money and he didn't think when took those bottles.

"Come on, hurry up I have places to be, and people to torture." I gave him my sweetest smile and grabbed his right hand making him let out a pathetic yelp.

"Right one it is then," I bit my lip trying not to get too excited over a pinkie as I put his finger in the hole of the cutter. His high-pitched voice sends a shiver down my spine, I pushed his hand flat to the table and sighed in delight when I heard the sweet crunch of the bone-cracking, decapitating his pinkie finger from its knuckle. Blood oozed and the loser quickly gets the kitchen towel to try to stop the bleeding, his body was still trembling from the shock.

"I'll see you next Monday with my usual drink."

"W...what? I still work there?" Ted asked looking a bit queasy.

"You don't want to work behind the bar anymore?" I tilted my head trying to decipher his train of thoughts. People still seem to amaze me, this man said he needed the job, then he steals for money, and now that he had redeemed himself with the loss of his pinkie he was surprised that he still has a job at the bar.

"I...I thought he was going to let me go, my finger, and.."

"Nope, the boss always thinks that people who knew what happened when they messed up made a great asset. And you can show your friends my handy work." I shrugged then continue telling him he still have nine more chances to redeem himself. I thought Ted couldn't look any paler, but he just drop another shade of white. Maybe he was going to pass out, which means it was time for me to get out of his cramped apartment above the butcher shop.

I have one more person to find before I had the rest of the night off and my phone buzzed with an incoming call.

"Beauty, I'm sending you the details, I believe you're done with the first one?"

"It's done, brought the souvenir with me," I smiled, feeling the light buoyant feeling on my feet every time I finished a job like this.

"Good, you'll have two days off but I want you to go to the mansion by Friday, we might have work for you."

The mansion was code for the bosses' house, I've only been there a few times. Chad, my handler, the middle man between me and the big boss was all the connection I need. I was their secret assassin in between odd jobs like cutting fingers for their slightly rogue employees.

Now, Chad had me on another easy chore, to find and once again cut a finger on one of the big boss's employees this time for small-time embezzlement. Chad didn't say much on the phone he never did though the line was secure, it was all about the secrecy with the mob guys and I just went along with it. As long as I get to play with my victims I was fine with his paranoia.