white flags ii.

oh whyd you have to be so cute?
it's impossible to ignore you

i walked the overwhelming halls and felt my headache worsen every time i looked at someone's face

the mixture of crying all night and the crowded hallways just made my situation worse.

i wanted to stay home, but i also really didn't want to do missing class work the next day.
i see kit's figure walking the opposite way of the hallway, surprisingly by himself this time.

he obviously noticed me, and i tried to walk past him to avoid anything.
this breakup felt unreal.
it felt like such a heavy weight on my entire body and i knew i should've expected it, but it's still shocking.
i didn't know i could ever have the power to end things, but i'm proud of myself that i did.

even if it hurt tremendously, i knew i deserved better.
i socialized with more people in my classes and had a stable friend group.
good things always come from a negative.

i felt myself heal every day and i felt so liberated.
i still couldn't help but think of him.

i tried to push my thoughts away because if i kept thinking, i would feel my eyes getting glossy.

i just want to know where things went wrong.
i don't have enough closure.
but i won't talk to him unless he talks to me first.

the last period bell rang, and i've never felt more anxious.
what if kit told his friends about our split?
i tried to be the first one to leave the classroom and quickly bolt to my locker.

kit had also walked out, and he was with a few of his teammates.

i looked away and felt my heart drop so far.
i fumbled with my locker and got the books i needed to use.

i heard one of kits friends talk.
they were all sort of obnoxious.

i turned around, and kit was walking closer and closer to where i was standing.

it didn't help that there was a huge crowd in the hallways.

kit's facial expressions softened at the sight of me, and he told his friends something,
oh god

his figure was coming closer and that's when he spoke.

"can we talk?" he asked me.
he sounded gentle. almost fragile in a way.
it was weird to see him this... delicate?

maybe this was the closure i had been asking for.

"don't you have practice right now?" i asked, knowing his schedule from memory.

he nodded.
"yeah but this is more important than getting tackled in a field." he said grinning.

i shrugged, and we waited awkwardly for the huge crowd to pass through.

once the area was cleared, he signaled for me to follow him.

he took me to the field where practice was held, and he led me to the bleachers.

the bleachers were wet from the terrible rainy weather.
he sat down at a random row and patted the seat next to him.

i sat down and could feel a cold coming from the weather and rain.

"sorry i know it's not ideal, but i just really wanted to talk to you.. i don't know where to begin.. but i know i haven't treated you like i should." he said, fidgeting with his hands.

"i don't have any excuses for my stupid behavior, but it's unfair for you. it pained me so bad to see you walk off like that and i guess i just wasn't appreciative of you when you actually wanted to be around me." he said.

i felt a little emotional.
almost like self pity for myself.

i nodded.
he continued, "i don't really know how to communicate or express my feelings. but it was stupid of me for even thinking of putting anything else before you. cause i truly do have these strong feelings for you that consume me every time i hear or see you..." he says..

"relationships are scary." he said, laughing softly,

he held my hand, and looked at me.
his nose was red from the cold breezes that would hit us every so often.

"they're terrifying. but i'd put all my fear away for you." kit said, as he caressed my hand with his thumb.

i rested my head on his shoulder, as we watched his teammates practice from afar.

"i missed you." i said.

"so did i." he said, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

i blushed, and felt protected.
the kit i knew and loved was back.

"i'll walk you home.. i don't want you to get sick." he said, patting my thigh

"but you have practice, it's alright." i say

"coach isn't here yet, i'll just say i didn't feel well." he said

"doing it all for me. how sweet" i say giggling.

kit rolls his eyes.
"i stick to my word."