Truth Will Be Revealed

We appeared out from behind a large metal box, sighing in relief. "Okay, that was close." Robin whispered. "Too close." Dustin shook his head. I'm surprised they didn't see us. We turned the corner at the same time!! "Relax. All right? Relax. Nobody saw.." Steve froze mid sentence. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and looked at what he was looking at. These base was 2 floors and there were hundreds of workers! Any of them could spot us at this moment. A guy from the top floor who was holding a large gun looked over at us. Luckily, we hid behind yet another large metal box just in time. "Jesus!" Steve whispered loudly. "Red dawn..." Dustin said in shock.
ES: "I saw it. First floor, northwest."
S: "Saw what?"
ES: "The comms room."
S: "You saw the comms room?"
ES: "Correct."
D: "Are you sure?"
ES: "Positive. The door was open for a second, and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there."
D: "That could be a hundred different things."
EH: "I'll gladly take those odds."
Steve looked at me and sighed, shaking his head. Robin was nodding along and agreeing with me. We peaked out from behind the metal box and saw the door. We leaned back out of view and I could tell everyone's heart was racing. "All right. We're gonna move fast, we're gonna stay low. Okay?" Steve whispered. "Okay." We all said in unison. We crawled quickly towards the door, hiding behind a large box every now and then. We ran inside and Steve quietly closed the door. The rest of us turned to look at the Russian soldier in shock. He didn't realise we were there until Steve closed the door. He got out of his chair and looked at us, terrified and confused. He reached for his gun when Robin stepped forward and starting speaking Russian to him. It was familiar so I assume it was the code we heard. They talked back in forth but the Russian still went for his gun. Steve yelled at and tackled him against the side. The Russian threw him to the other side of the room and tried punching him (which Steve dodged.) He grabbed his top and threw him, face first, into a bunch of controls. Steve never wins fights so I wasn't surprised he was losing this one. The Russian went for him again. Steve elbowed him in the balls and grabbed a phone, slamming it against his head and causing the Russian to spin and smash his head against the side of the counter. Steve panted and fixed his hair. "Dude!" Dustin shouted, excitedly. "You won a fight." I smiled to him. He looked down at the Russian, then back at me. "I did.." He laughed, softly. Dustin grabbed the keycard from the Russian. "What are you doing?" Erica scoffed. "Getting us our ticket out of here." He replied.
ES: "You want to walk all the way back?"
D: "Well, we can hang out for a little bit, relax, have a picnic maybe."
ES: "Have a picnic? We came here for the radio."
Robin grabbed my hand and led me up some stairs. A blue light was shining from the door and we looked at it, amazed. We peaked in and what we saw was shocking. Robin ran back down the stairs. "Guys!" She shouted. "There's something up there." She sighed heavily. They all ran up the stairs and I quietly opened the door, letting them all come through before closing it behind them. Next to the door was two large windows that we looked through. Men were in red suits, covering them from head to toe. Some were in white but with thinner material. There was a large laser type of thing, which the tube with the green liquid in was being put in. The laser was opening some sort of door to another dimension... I knew that because the opening was gooey and had a bright orange light coming out of it. The machine these Russians had created, could kill anyone. The gate was cracking and shrieking was coming from inside it. "The gate." Steve and Dustin said in unison. "I worked that out like 2 minutes ago." I replied with a large grin on my face. They looked at me and scoffed before looking back at the gate. I quickly ran out the room and back down the stairs. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin exclaimed.
EH: "Not exactly."
R: "Then what, exactly?"
D: "All you need to know is it's bad."
S: "It's really bad."
EH: "Like, end of the human race as we know it kind of bad."
R: "And you know about this how?"
EH: "Maybe if you didn't unfriend me-"
ES: "Hate to break your conversation but... Steve? Where's your Russian friend?"
We looked down on the floor and sighed. The alarm went off and we looked at one another before Steve ran to the door, opening it. The Russian's looked over at him and started running towards us. "Way to go, Steve!" I shouted. He slammed the door close and we quickly ran back up the stairs. We entered the control room for the laser, waved, then ran towards the laser area, shouting at each other. We got to the end of the laser and realised there was no where else to go. "Holy shit!" Dustin screamed. The laser was way too close for comfort. Steve grabbed my arm, "This way!" He screamed to the others whilst dragging me down some steps and pushing a guard out the way. He let go of my arm and pushed barrels at some Russians that were running towards us. We ran into a room and Steve held the door closed. 5 Russians were trying to push it open whilst Dustin, Erica and I looked for a way out. Robin helped Steve keep the door closed. "Here! Come on, let's go!" Erica screamed, opening a vent. I stood in the middle of the room, unsure whether to stay or go. "Come on!" Dustin shouted. "Go! Just get out of here!" Steve replied. I looked back and forth. I think it's best if I stay. I walked towards Steve and Robin when Dustin grabbed my arm. "Get her to safety." Steve said to him. Dustin nodded and dragged me towards the vent. "No no no! Dustin don't you dare!" I screamed at him. He helped me down into the vent. "Steve!!! Robin!!!" I shouted. Dustin closed the vent and we started to crawl down. "You are so dead." I said to him.