Evil Plans

Almost a month had gone by since the wedding of the millennium. The very first ever wedding of a Jedi since the Jedi Code was changed. Things changed a lot for the Skywalker family. Gabby could now address Anakin as 'Daddy' freely, Anakin didn't have to refrain from kissing his wife in public or hide his relationship with her, and Padme was now addressed as Senator Skywalker.

One thing that still hadn't changed, though, was the Clone War still going on. Now with the Jedi Council once again focused on the war effort, criminal minds are left unchecked to spread fear and corruption across the galaxy.

Galactic gangster Jabba the Hutt has sent bounty hunter Cad Bane on a nefarious mission which shall strike at the heart of the Republic.

Meanwhile, the unsuspecting citizens of Coruscant go about their daily lives.

Today, the Skywalkers were preparing for an important dinner party Padme was throwing. Padme was pretty stressed about the entire thing, but Gabby was really excited, because royal families from the kingdoms of Quiangda and Metamorphia, from Enchantran Planet Aurelia were among the guest list, and Padme said they each had a daughter her age, and the royal family of Metamorphia had a son around Boba's age. So, it was an opportunity to make new friends, and they wouldn't have to worry about being the only kids at the party.

Padme gave instructions to the waiter droids of what to do, and was very specific about everything.

"Wait, no. The tendrils belong on the main table between Anakin and Senator Aang." Padme told one droid.

"Mistress." another droid showed Padme two different dress options for her to wear.

"The red one. Senator Aang's favorite color is red." Padme said.

"It's also a symbol of luck, joy, and happiness in Quiangdan culture." Gabby said. "Boba and I did lots of research on both kingdoms so we'll be ready to greet the royal families."

"Good. Where is your brother?" Padme asked.

"I have no idea. He and Remix have been awfully quiet today."

"Oh dear."

Anakin walked over and held his wife's shoulders.

"You need to take a breath," said Anakin calmly. "This party will work out."

"It has to." Padme sighed. "Senator Aang holds the deciding vote on the military oversight committee. You know how particular the Roonan are."

Gabby put a little pot down on the table and grew a little bonsai tree.

"The Quiangda royal family can be particular too, so I hear." Gabby said. "But this little tree represents harmony in their kingdom, and should show them that we mean peace when we invite them into our home."

"That's very sweet, Princess." said Anakin. "And what about the other royal family?"

Gabby pointed out a bunch of butterflies flying around the apartment.

"What do you think all these butterflies are flying around for?"

"Gabby, what have I told you about bringing butterflies into the house?" Padme scolded.

"I'll shoo them out as soon as the party's over." Gabby said. "Butterflies are an important symbol in Morphan culture."

"I guess it's just as well. I need everything to be perfect."

Anakin chuckled and told Padme, "You have nothing to worry about."

That was when they heard metal clanging, as one of the waiter droids dropped a tray.