Senate Murders

As a new war waged in the Senate and losses on the battlefield increased, a group of senators led by Halle Burtoni of Kamino proposed an escalation of troop production. Recognizing that more troops will only make matters worse, Padme has worked tirelessly with her allies to introduce a bill to cut military spending and stop the creation of more clone troopers. For the last few weeks this work kept going on. And now it was finally the day to take further action.

Meanwhile, Padme's children were both being kept safe at the Jedi Temple to await their mother coming to pick them up. The youngest one, at the moment, was looking at an early birthday gift she received from some royal families and delegates from Enchantra. Gabby's fourth birthday was in three days, which meant she was growing up. And... so were her powers.

With such powerful magic, Gabby had the potential to learn many spells for a multitude of purposes. Thus, she had to study as many spells as she could now. And, according to King Ignatius, if she proved skilled enough in her magic, she would likely pass the entrance exam someday to attend Cantata College, the most prestigious magic school in all of Enchantra.

At the moment, Gabby was reading through a series of spells used in magical investigations. Spells to uncover fingerprints, spells to identify where magic was used, even a spell that compelled a victim to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

"Look at all these spells, Teddy." Gabby told her plushie. "Dracona's dad says if I learn and do well with lots of them, I'll get to go to an amazing school."

Because Anakin was away on a mission right now, Gabby was contacted by Mace Windu, and he looked hesitant when he approached her.

"Uncle Mace? What's wrong?" Gabby asked.

Mace sighed. "Something terrible has happened. A close friend of your mother's has just perished."

Gabby gasped. "Who?"

Later, many senators, including Padme, as well as Masters Yoda and Windu were in attendance for the wake of Senator Onaconda Farr.

Gabby sadly grew some marigolds and placed them on top of the floating coffin that held Ono's body. Then she and her brother stood by their mother as another Rodian spoke. The little princess could hardly hear most of what the Rodian preacher was saying over her heart breaking and her mind filling with questions of how this could've happened and why.

"And we are all aware that Onaconda was a flawed man. He knew better than anyone of his own mistakes. But he never compromised his principles, and what he did, he did for his people. Their needs always came first."

That, Gabby heard. And the coffin was hovered away into the waiting ship.

"Rest in peace, Uncle Ono." Gabby whispered tearfully.

Gabby looked up at her mother. She looked so sad. Bail tried to offer his condolences.

"Senator, if you need anything..."

"What we need is to get his resolution passed." Padme said.

Padme looked down sadly as the ship Ono was taken on flew away.

Boba took his mother's hand. He understood very well how much it hurt to lose someone so tragically. Padme appreciated the gesture, but she saw someone else who seemed in need of comfort. Lolo, a fellow Rodian.

"He was my mentor," said Lolo. She looked so distraught. "I don't know how to carry on without him guiding me."

Padme wrapped an arm around Lolo's shoulder.

"I know. No one could ever take his place." Padme said.

Gabby also hugged Lolo. That was when a soldier in blue armor approached them.