Slumber party (✨)

Jack's POV:

I fumble with my keys at the front door, trying to find the right one. Dave was behind me, just messing with my hair, looping some of it around his fingers before letting go and doing it again.

"Ya done, Old Sport?" He ask me, still playing with my hair over and over again.

"Yea, almost." I respond to him, straight and plain. Still focusing.

I unlock the door after a while and let him in. He smile at me and turn on the lights, making the living room more homey like. How the hell did he know where the light switch was?

I shrugged it off and sit down on the couch, patting the spot next to me. He sit down and wrap an arm around my shoulders.

"So, why did ya let me come over?"

"I just felt lonely and needed someone." I explain to him, hoping he won't know that I have a dead family. It's been long, since I ever had a friend at work.

He hummed and nodded in understanding, pulling me closer for comfort. I reach for the TV remote and turn it on, going through channels to see what we can watch together.

After a while, we ended up on the news, Dave insisted that we stay on the channel to see what they have to say. Most of these are flooded with dead children in Freddy's.

"Why are we in the background? When was this recorded?" I questioned, clearly uncomfortable that we appeared on there.

Dave shrugged again, but it's more of an uncomfortable shrug than a no idea one.

The background shows us, smoking and laughing. I don't remember much I was sure we were making fun of Phoney. Then our face turned into an uncomfortable one, some disgust and a bit fear. We were definitely talking about Matt. The creepy virgin over the prize corner.

We stay on for a while, listening to the lady talking about Phoney then the missing children. A picture of a kid in a red basketball jersey appears, covering us from behind. They stated that his name was Andrew, one of the few kids me and Dave abducted.

"Hey! That's the one we stuffed in the suit, right?" Dave pointed out, half excited and and half trying to remember if he did.

I nod and switch the channel, watching Dave nod with a face that says 'okay, okay, cool'.

"Want some beers, Dave?" I questioned him again, knowing that he'll be at least a bit hyped up for a beer.

He nod eagerly and smile like a child. Dork

"I'll try to find a movie for us to watch while you grab some beers, Old Sport!" He offered me, and I accept it without further thinking and walk off to the kitchen.

Sometimes, I imagine Dave's kitchen being more messy than mine. Un-clean dishes, all piled up in the sink, beer cans laying on the counter and floor. Maybe no light or it's just switch off. It might sound super offensive, but Dave once told me that his kitchen is a mess. And that's all I can imagine.

I open the fridge and grab my favorite and Dave's, holding them in my arms as I close the fridge. I scan the kitchen for a while before walking out, hearing the sound of DVDs rustling in a box.

"Here Dave, I got your favorite." I put one the most casual voice as possible, trying not to show any signs of homo or whatever. Cause I'll have to say 'no homo' and I don't want to have that right now.

He take it from my hand, out fingers brushing against each other for the slightest moment. Still gives me a tingling feeling. He crack open his beer and take a sip, setting it down on the coffee table before continuing to find a movie.