Ghosts of Mortis

A great weight has been placed on Anakin's shoulders as he, his daughter, his apprentice, and his former Master rushed to escape Mortis. But, their ship needed some fixing.

"I'm getting a little tired of how unreliable the weather is here." Obi-Wan said.

"Gabby, can you do anything with those clouds?" Anakin asked.

"I've been trying for the last hour." Gabby said. "I only just learned to tell time, but I'm pretty sure it's been at least an hour."

Gabby tried to use wind to blow away the clouds, but the rain just kept falling.

"See? Even with power over plants, wind, and water, I'm not Mother Nature." Gabby said.

"Well, you both did well recently. How do you feel?" Obi-Wan asked.

Anakin sighed and said, "I'm not sure we're doing the right thing by leaving. The Son is consumed by the dark side."

"And since he can't see me or Peppermint, I'm not sure any of our bright ideas will do any good." Gabby said.

"At least it means he can't hurt you."

"But if we stay, we may be used to the dark side's advantage." Peppermint said. "I don't need to be a Jedi to recognize that."

Ahsoka, wearing goggles, came out from where the engine was.

"Well, you want the bad news or the really bad news?" Ahsoka asked.

"No good news?" Gabby said, not liking the sound of that.

"Well, let's try the bad news, laced with a little optimism." Obi-Wan suggested.

"He means sugarcoating it." Peppermint said.

"We've got two cracked shilo pins, a busted power converter, the engines should be fired twice to dump debris, and the backup vents need charging." Ahsoka listed.

"Too bad my healing magic doesn't work on machines." Gabby said.

"My magic only makes candy, sadly." Peppermint said. "So unless you want to turn our only way home into a gingerbread ship, my power's pretty useless here."

"Sounds terribly downbeat," said Obi-Wan. "Can it be fixed?"

"Uh, I can reroute the primary initiator, weld the dampening vents, and that might give us enough power to leave the atmosphere. After that, I have no guarantee she'll hold together."

"We'll take our chances," said Obi-Wan. "Better than staying here."

"Yeah. And Mommy, Boba, and the other ponies are probably wondering where Daddy and I are by now." Gabby said. She could see a dream cloud appear above her head with Padme feeling worried sick, and having Boba sit down near her. Boba wants to go look for them, but Padme tells him, "No, Boba. I don't need two lost children." and Carousella says, "I knew I shouldn't have let Gabby talk me into taking the day off!"

As Obi-Wan exited the ship, he saw Anakin taking a bike with him.

"Where are you going?" Obi-Wan asked.

"To find the Father. I'm not convinced that the Son will be contained here without our help."

Gabby started to climb on, but Anakin put her down on the ground.

"No, Gabby. You need to stay here." Anakin said.

"Don't you remember what happened the last time you tried that?" Gabby crossed her arms and raised her brow.

"I guess you have a point." Anakin said.

"Anakin-" Obi-Wan began before Anakin interrupted him.

"If I don't get the Father's blessing to leave, it'll haunt me forever."