Counter Attack

Anakin's group moved carefully across a cliff, ready to get off-world as soon as possible. The horses needed a proper running space to activate their horseshoes.

"R2, are you, Remix, and your battle droids ready to go?" Anakin asked on his wristcom.

R2 beeped and Remix said, "Ready whenever you are, dude."

"All right, get the ship fired up. We'll meet you at the pipeline exit and you've picked up Obi-Wan, assuming he's still on schedule."

Anakin ended the transmission.

R2, Remix, and the three reprogrammed battle droids boarded the ship and took off to retrieve Obi-Wan.

Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and his group were hiding in the ducts. Unfortunately, the openings were too small for the horses to fit through, so the two-legged members of the group were on their own.

Obi-Wan looked up as he found a passage that he confirmed would get them near the landing pad. He then carried Gabby on his back as he climbed up first. Then, he called R2 and instructed him to send their shuttle to the rear landing platform.

"We've already been given the go-ahead by General Skywalker, sir." said a battle droid. "assuming you are still on schedule."

Gabby giggled. The only time she remembered her father being on time for anything was if there were treats involved. Which was why he was always on time for birthday parties. Especially when there was chocolate cake. He loved chocolate.

"The trick will be if Anakin arrives on time." Obi-Wan chuckled.

"Maybe he'd be on time more if we put chocolate cupcakes wherever he needed to be." Gabby said. "He always in time for that."

The group continued to climb. Unfortunately, a probe spotted Commander Cody. Master Piell managed to slice it though. But...

Metal doors started to seal at various sections in the passageway.

"Security doors." Obi-Wan shouted. "Move, or you'll be cut in half."

And Gabby felt pretty sure this wasn't like the magic trick where someone was cut in half and put back together.

Obi-Wan moved quickly, getting himself and the little girl he was carrying to safety.

"Jeepers! That was close!" Gabby said.

"Looks like we've got some cutting to do." Obi-Wan said, taking out his lightsaber.

"I hope the ponies are okay."

"I'm sure they're fine." Obi-Wan said. "They're highly trained, most of them. They've been through worse."

Commander Sobeck, meanwhile, was summoned to speak with Count Dooku over transmission.

"You may cease the propriety, Commander Sobeck." said Dooku. "I understand there is a problem with the Jedi prisoner."

"An incursion team attempted a rescue," said Sobeck. "but the situation is taken care of."

"Are you in possession of the information the prisoner is carrying?"

"Not yet. We will soon have it."

"You are aware that this information will tip the scale of the war to the side that controls it. Perhaps this is a matter that requires my presence."

"No, my lord." Sobeck shook his head.

"Find them, Commander. Get the information, then kill them all."

Sobeck bowed as Dooku ended the transmission. Then he held his tactical droid by the neck in anger.