Kidnapped

"But, Daddy. Why can't we help?" Gabby asked as he walked his children to their horses.

"Gabby, I understand, but why are you sending me home?" Boba asked. "I walked across bounty hunters, for Pete's sake!"

"Bounty hunters are nothing compared to slavers!" Anakin said. "You can never fully understand what I went through. For years, I had to watch as your grandmother was tortured, and had to live with a transmitter inside of me, meaning no escape."

The kids looked at their father worriedly.

Anakin sighed and caressed his kids' faces.

"Look, I don't want to risk either of you getting captured and enslaved." He said. "I've already come close to losing one or both of you too many times to count. I'm not willing to gamble with your freedom. If those slavers got you, it would be a fate much worse than death."

Anakin ordered Remix to take the kids home while Carousella and Peppermint both stayed to assist in the mission.

Ahsoka asked Obi-Wan what got Anakin so upset and why he was sending his kids away.

"Anakin has never talked about his past, has he?" Obi-Wan answered.

"Only to tell me he won't talk about it." Ahsoka shrugged. "And Gabby and Boba both say he tells them never to speak of it to anyone."

"As a child, Anakin and his mother were sold into slavery by the Hutt clans."

Ahsoka looked down, starting to understand what her master was feeling. It was obvious he wanted to protect his children from going through the same things he did.

"Oh. And these Zygerrians, they're slavers?"

"Anakin has struggled to put his past behind him." Obi-Wan said.

"And now he just wants to protect his kids and give them the freedom he never had as a child." Peppermint said, looking at Anakin.

"Precisely."

Ahsoka sighed and said, "Don't worry. I'll keep an eye on him."

"Yes. Make sure you do."

"He'll need all the emotional support he can get." Peppermint said before following Obi-Wan to the tower in case he needed backup.

In the tower, a Zygerrian named D'Nar sat in a desk, receiving a transmission call from another Zygerrian and Count Dooku, telling him that their latest shipment had been received.

"I understand the Jedi have attacked. Why are you still there?" asked the other Zygerrian.

"I'm going to make the Jedi pay for their arrogance." D'Nar growled. "I have them right where I want them."

Obi-Wan soon arrived.

"Do tell." said the Jedi. Two droids aimed their blasters at him. Obi-Wan just raised his hands, showing no signs of fear.

"Gentlemen, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight." Dooku introduced.

The Zygerrian beside Dooku growled.

"D'Nar, bring him to me..." Dooku ordered. "on his knees."

"With pleasure." said D'Nar, who ended the transmission.

Obi-Wan walked towards the Zygerrian.

"We were going to discuss surrender?" asked the human.

"Yes." D'Nar put his boots on the table. "You will surrender."

"We obviously have a misunderstanding, my friend."